• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Another constipation post...

Thanks Judy. I was sorting through my email attachments trying to locate a certain photo and found many treasures. I got a kick out of this one because I look like such a "know-it-all!" I thought it matched my postings!!

I love your picture. It's so glamourous.

Here's one of my "after" shots:

Yes, there's flab where I used to have big rolls of fat. And notice how thin my hair is. I lost a lot of hair.

But NEEDING a belt! My god, I remember shopping for belts at St. Vincent because I hadn't needed one for years! Notice how long it is. I didn't trust that I wouldn't need it to be bigger.

There's a tiny sliver of light between my thighs up by my crotch. I never thought I'd be so skinny there that I'd see sunshine instead of red, chafed skin.

As a reminder, here's a before shot:

I'm glad I had surgery before I got any older. I was 57 in the after picture, probably 51 in the before.

Diane, I love your post above and your before and after picture! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! That is funny about the belt! I can tell I lost a lot of weight in my thighs too, certainly not as much a you did but I don't feel them rubbing and that's pretty cool! When I first had lapband surgery and lost about 80 lbs, I had a problem with the loose skin. You know what? Now I don't care! Better to have lose skin and be healthier! I've learned my lesson on that one.

Anyone else want to share before and after pictures? I think it helps people stay motivated. :)

Back