• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Another newbee

Beths

Hi
I had my surgery (Gastric Bypass, RNY)Sept. of this year 2015.

For me the first month was a breeze with the excitement of my new venture.

It is now November 3 and I am now feeling tempted by my old habits. I am also feeling a stirring in my abdomen feels like hunger. As soon as I eat it goes away (although I can't each much) Yeah!

My girl friend says this is completely wrong as I should not be feeling this for another year?
I am also at a loss for ideas for breakfast. I am not suppose to eat oatmeal yet and I should not be eating eggs every morning.
This morning I had yogurt and cottage cheese. And of course Bariatric Vitamins..

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

Your pouch should hold about 2 ounces now so even if you are hungry you should fill up with 2 bites of food.

I was allowed to eat an egg with cheese melted on it at 3 wks post op. I have eaten that most every day since then and have done fine. Why doesn't your surgeon want you to eat it everyday? Don't understand the oatmeal either? It digests easy. Talk to your nutritionist and tell them your concerns.

Good luck!!!

Cheyenne

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I was thinking it was not the best thing to eat every day.
My pouch seems to hold more than 2 oz but not much more. My surgeon and the whole team is excellent, but I will contact my nutritionist.
Thank you so much for your response. By the way you are awesome with your weight loss.. Big CONGRATS to you..
Beth

Thanks Beth! I had gained weight a little at a time over many years. Gained very easy and dieting didnt work for me until I had my bypass. After my surgery, I watched my weight melt away and it actually amazed how easily I lost my weight. I followed my diet to the letter and it was easy to stay on it because for the first time in my life my dieting actually worked. I had a dream for years that one day I would go to sleep fat and wake up looking like a normal average person. My Fairy Tale dream came true and although it took longer than overnight it was amazingly fast!

Good Luck

Cheyenne

Back