• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Antibiotics 8-weeks Post Op

JenniferS79

Hello!

I’m new to this forum but I’m excited to connect with others on the same journey as me.

So here’s my current situation...

About 5 weeks post op (gastric bypass) I started taking antibiotics for a sinus infection. Unfortunately my new pouch was not tolerating it well. I stopped taking it a few days early because I was feeling sick when I ate or drank anything and other times too. This led to me taking in very little food and fluids. My doc gave me IV fluids and scheduled me to continue getting them twice a week for two weeks. After the second round of IV fluids and being off the antibiotics I started to feel better and was able to take in more food/fluids.

After a few days off the antibiotic the sinus infection came back and I had to start taking another antibiotic. It’s making me feel sick the same as the first one so I’m taking in very little food/fluids yet again. I try to force myself to eat and drink but the nausea gets so bad that after a sip or a couple bites I feel like a may vomit.

The doc did an endoscopy and ruled out a stricture or ulcer. So I’m happy about that but can’t take this nausea and dehydration.

Anyone else experience this? Any advice?

TIA

Back