• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Anticipation

Cindy Thomas

Wednesday went well, had final appt with Nutritionist, had Upper GI (that was cruel and unusual punishment) so now said 7-10 days till ins approval comes back, then appt with Surgeon, then surgery 2 weeks after that appointment. So just waiting on the appt. had weigh in with Nutritionist Wednesday, down 17 pounds since Feb. 17, have tried changing eating habits and going to gym with my 15 yo son. Want the surgeon to know I am serious about wanting to change my life and willing to do what I need to.

Wednesday went well, had final appt with Nutritionist, had Upper GI (that was cruel and unusual punishment) so now said 7-10 days till ins approval comes back, then appt with Surgeon, then surgery 2 weeks after that appointment. So just waiting on the appt. had weigh in with Nutritionist Wednesday, down 17 pounds since Feb. 17, have tried changing eating habits and going to gym with my 15 yo son. Want the surgeon to know I am serious about wanting to change my life and willing to do what I need to.
your time will come quick.. And you'll be happy you decided to do this... even tho sometimes I pass the holiday reeses and remember grabbing one everytime I saw them... But don't crave them... Head cravings are the worst part... Get bored and your head says go eat but your stomach say not hungry.... I had the bypass on feb 14th and since the start of this journey I have lost 68 lbs. got 50 more for my original goal but would like to lose 10 or so pounds past that.. It is a great thing....

Congratulations making changes towards improving your health! Just like you, I had to go through all those hurdles... After waiting for so long, I am finally scheduled for the 22nd and I'm super excited but nervous as well. You're almost there! Keep up the good work!

your time will come quick.. And you'll be happy you decided to do this... even tho sometimes I pass the holiday reeses and remember grabbing one everytime I saw them... But don't crave them... Head cravings are the worst part... Get bored and your head says go eat but your stomach say not hungry.... I had the bypass on feb 14th and since the start of this journey I have lost 68 lbs. got 50 more for my original goal but would like to lose 10 or so pounds past that.. It is a great thing....

Congratulations on your weight loss! You are rocking this! Losing68lbs is awesome! I know my weight loss will not be as fast as yours, but I'm hoping to lose over 100lbs...

I had my final appointment on Friday. I had to do my last weigh in for my insurance to approve. I'm scheduled for surgery on the 28th. I thought my 6 months of waiting was going to be forever and it flew by in no time at all. Trust your day for surgery will get here sooner than you think. Congrats on the weight loss so far. Stay positive and good luck with everything coming up.

Congratulations on your weight loss! You are rocking this! Losing68lbs is awesome! I know my weight loss will not be as fast as yours, but I'm hoping to lose over 100lbs...
Just make sure you walk as much as possible or exercise as much as you have time..... I kinda got off track with the amount I was doing and my weight loss stalled, getting all that back in as it should be and it is starting to come off again....

Just make sure you walk as much as possible or exercise as much as you have time..... I kinda got off track with the amount I was doing and my weight loss stalled, getting all that back in as it should be and it is starting to come off again....

Thank you for the advice! Any recommendations as to how much walking?

Any recommendations just before my surgery this Wed?

Back