• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Any way to speed up the pre surgery process

trnsmaster

Wife has had failed back surgery and then surgery to repair failed worse . Only hope is a frontal approach with wedges to space the vertebrae . But needs to loose a lot before vascular surgeon can gain access for neurosurgeon . She has been dealing with this since November until we found other surgeon .
but under normal conditions it’s 6 months of prepping supervision before you get surgery date . So it could postpone the back surgery for almost a year ! In too much pain too wait that long . Any movement the broken hardware stand her, living on oxycodone

Any states easier to get this done quicker ?
we are in VA and they say it’s state law not insurance
Thanks

Wife has had failed back surgery and then surgery to repair failed worse . Only hope is a frontal approach with wedges to space the vertebrae . But needs to loose a lot before vascular surgeon can gain access for neurosurgeon . She has been dealing with this since November until we found other surgeon .
but under normal conditions it’s 6 months of prepping supervision before you get surgery date . So it could postpone the back surgery for almost a year ! In too much pain too wait that long . Any movement the broken hardware stand her, living on oxycodone

Any states easier to get this done quicker ?
we are in VA and they say it’s state law not insurance
Thanks
Hi neighbor, I'm in WV. Not sure if it's a state law here, probably an insurance decision, but I started my paperwork & 1st appt in September 2020, and my surgery date for gastric bypass was July 12th, 2021. Part of it was to due the bariatric center's checklist, including 6 months of my pcp working with me on a diet and exercise program, and I'm sure insurance required all kinds of hoops to jump thru that my program passed on to me. But, my life, my health, and my safety were all at risk to undergo this major surgery.

I'm so sorry about the excruciating pain your wife is suffering. Is there any type of nerve block they can do for her to help with that? I sure hope y'all find a place that will accommodate your urgency.

Hi neighbor, I'm in WV. Not sure if it's a state law here, probably an insurance decision, but I started my paperwork & 1st appt in September 2020, and my surgery date for gastric bypass was July 12th, 2021. Part of it was to due the bariatric center's checklist, including 6 months of my pcp working with me on a diet and exercise program, and I'm sure insurance required all kinds of hoops to jump thru that my program passed on to me. But, my life, my health, and my safety were all at risk to undergo this major surgery.

I'm so sorry about the excruciating pain your wife is suffering. Is there any type of nerve block they can do for her to help with that? I sure hope y'all find a place that will accommodate your urgency.
Thank you

Back