• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Any Youngens Out There?

klutzy_ginger

So, here's the break down. I'm 20 yrs old and considering having this surgery done next spring. Since I'm so young, I'm just looking for any other younger people who have considered, decided, pursued, and/or had the surgery done. I'm just curious what made you decide to choose, what your fears are, how the surgery worked out and just looking for general support from a younger population. :confused:

I had my surgery a year ago on my 26th birthday. Was the best decision of my life. And I have taken this journey slow and steady! A plus about having the surgery at a younger age is your skin still has alot of elasticity and it makes it easier to continue toning your body and avoid loose skin. I was originally going to have Lap Band and two weeks before surgery I changed my mind and had gastric bypass. After discussing my concerns regarding my type 2 diabetes with the surgeon at the time, and alot of thought--i decided if i was going to take a risk with surgery, i was going to take the risk that would benefit my health the best and have the best outcome. Feel free to message me --here to answer any questions or give general support!! its definitely great having this forum site to come to and relate to people in all stages of the process and have people to answer questions that family or other supporters at home cant quite help with because they may not have the right advice if theyve never gone thru it!

Back