• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Anyone having surgery in January 2017?

My surgery is scheduled for January 6, 2017. I am SUFFERING!!! through the protein liquid only preparation now and it is really hard for me, but I will make it because I have to. Doug, how are you doing with your run up to surgery?

My surgery is scheduled for January 6, 2017. I am SUFFERING!!! through the protein liquid only preparation now and it is really hard for me, but I will make it because I have to. Doug, how are you doing with your run up to surgery?

The liquid diet sucks! But like you said, I'll make it because I have to. Also I am a nervous wreck about the surgery, I never had anything like this before.

Doug

Hello y'all Christine here. I'm having G B on the 23rd of Jan. glad I have found you. Started on shakes, soups and water today. Having mixed feelings but mostly excited because of the positive changes that are coming our/my way. Trying to keep goods thoughts and blocking any negative thoughts. Please keep us posted on your status, Debbyg. Praying for you.:)

Hi TeeJay, how are you feeling? How much did you lose on the protein liquid? I just started mine today surgery date is the 23rd.

I am scheduled for gastric sleeve surgery on Jan 31. I'm going through so many emotions right now. Scared, anxious, excited,worried..... so glad I have found this site to see others going through the same thing as I am. Keep us posted on your surgery progress. Prayers for all

I am scheduled for gastric sleeve surgery on Jan 31. I'm going through so many emotions right now. Scared, anxious, excited,worried..... so glad I have found this site to see others going through the same thing as I am. Keep us posted on your surgery progress. Prayers for all

Hi Sarah! I'm also schedule for the 31st and have all the same anxiety. Not sure how to explain to my friends and family even throu they are happy for ne abd supportive it's still hard to explain to them the fear.
Have you tried the shakes? i did and didn't like but I'm positive and my husband and 25 yr daughter say they'll take them with me. Well keep me posted on your success. No worries and lets do this Sarah! Good Luck! eveyone and God Bless us and the Surgeon's performing our surgeries.

I weighed myself this morning and still weigh what I weighed the day of surgery. I guess I still have a lot of the fluids they pumped into me for 3 days in my system. I'll not weigh again until I see the doctor on the 19th. Hopefully I will have lost some by then. Bought some popsicles today. Boy, do they taste good. I drank protein shakes today. Tomorrow I will make some meal replacement shakes. I can't wait to eat an egg or cottage cheese.
How is everyone else doing?

I am having surgery on Thursday, January 19th. I am day 3 of the all liquid diet. The first two days were really difficult and I was exhausted. Today was better but now I am suffering with a headache and am light headed. It is sooooo hard but I know it will be worth it in the end. The sugar free Popsicle are a great treat!

Back