• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Anyone here from NY or surrounding area

Kim M

I am happy to have found this support group, but would also like to go to one in my areaas well. I am unable to go to the one where my surgery was done as one of my client's attends and I would not be comfortable sharing. Most of the groups I have found require that you have had the surgery in their hospital. Also would be nice to connect with someone close by and see what happens.

I would suggest googling to find some; there is also one on facebook but it seems like most of the members are from AZ, the Phoenix area.

I, too am looking for others in the Greater Milwaukee, WI Area.

It's possible you might find someone on myfitness pal, too. It's always worth a shot for a few minutes of searching.
My program offers one but only once a month; wondering if I can go to some through other hospitals, etc., too.

Wow, my bariatric center invites anyone interested or needing a support group to come. They advertise on Facebook, in the paper and by Email every month. It never occurred to me that they wouldn't let you unless you had your surgery at their hospital. Do an internet search and I bet you can find something. I can understand if it is a free standing center but if the center is at a hospital they should allow you to attend. I never realized how lucky I was or how great my center is! Hope you find one soon. Joy

Back