• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Approved surgery May 1st

Wendybooth

I finally got approval for gastric sleeve. I battled with which surgery and in the end decided sleeve. I am going to my first prep group appointment next Saturday. I am excited and very nervous!!! I started the journey in October of 2017. My EGD went ok but had an ulcer so sleeve it is. My daughter had her bypass this past January 2017 so she is a little over a year and at goal.

I finally got approval for gastric sleeve. I battled with which surgery and in the end decided sleeve. I am going to my first prep group appointment next Saturday. I am excited and very nervous!!! I started the journey in October of 2017. My EGD went ok but had an ulcer so sleeve it is. My daughter had her bypass this past January 2017 so she is a little over a year and at goal.
This is great! So awesome you are making this step. Great to hear you have someone that you know personally that you can talk to about your journey. :)

Yahoo!!! I had the sleeve. It went down smoothly. I at first wanted the RNY but doc said nuh huh. So here I am. If I had gotten the RNY I would be really struggling with the hypoglycemia. No fun as it is. Happy you're doing this. It'll be awesome.

Back