• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

April 20, 2022 my date!

LTMR

Hello, I would have gotten March 8th, but, that was too soon. I have to have a letter of surgical clearance from my primary doc, which is military and will take that long! They need to check B1, B12, D, CBC, CMP, PTH, folate, iron fasting lipidss, HBA1C and an EKG. Plus, will give me time to order and try more bariatric products. On my way!!

Great Kcuster! What do you plan on drinking for the ten days of no solid food?
My surgeon has 2 options for pre-op diet. "A" is a specific brand shakes and calorie free drinks only. The "B" option is a different brand specific shakes, but also comes with a VERY small list of foods and very specific serving sizes. You get 6 servings a day of any of the foods on the list. I choose option B so I can actually chew something once in a while.

I ordered Unjury chicken soup and smoothies yay, lol oh and the infamous Jello lol bone broth, ugh lol but with so many people on here who have done this I hope to succeed if not I will be on here at 3 am asking for help!!
Did you happen to try to chicken soup before you bought it? My team gives out samples of unjury and I thought it was disgusting. A lot of people like it though. Let me know what you think.

Did you happen to try to chicken soup before you bought it? My team gives out samples of unjury and I thought it was disgusting. A lot of people like it though. Let me know what you think.
I have samples, but I have not tried them yet, scared lol that I will not like it and waiting until I have too lol. Might have to surbive on 4-6 shakes a day! Gawd, this will be worth it, healthy, get off some meds, positive thoughts!

I have samples, but I have not tried them yet, scared lol that I will not like it and waiting until I have too lol. Might have to surbive on 4-6 shakes a day! Gawd, this will be worth it, healthy, get off some meds, positive thoughts!
I liked everything I tried except the chicken soup. lol I tried chocolate spender, strawberry and vanilla. The vanilla just kind of tasted like almond milk. I like to mix the strawberry with crystal light lemonade.

Hello, I would have gotten March 8th, but, that was too soon. I have to have a letter of surgical clearance from my primary doc, which is military and will take that long! They need to check B1, B12, D, CBC, CMP, PTH, folate, iron fasting lipidss, HBA1C and an EKG. Plus, will give me time to order and try more bariatric products. On my way!!
My date is April 1st. It's a strange day, but I will remember it forever!

First off: Congrats to both of you on your dates!

My opinion on chewing food and spitting it out is .. Do Not! This is not because I'm squeamish. I don't think it's a good idea for the post op temptation. We have seen several people on here post op, stating they just "chewed" pizza and spit it out .. on day 3. Then they are taking "just a bite" by day 6. This process takes a LOT of commitment. If you're trying to get around the rules on day 3, it's a lot easier to bend them further and further until you're not following them at all.

I am not suggesting you are trying to cheat or are lacking in commitment. What I AM saying don't make it easier to find ways around the rules. That will just get stuck in your head and sit there, begging you to take a bite. And you might start out thinking about a bite of crunchy carrot but pizza will worm it's way in .. it always does lol

Back