• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

April 22, 2019 Surgery Buddy

FurbyGurl

Hi friends
I'm looking for a surgery buddy with a date same as or close to mine. Reach out if you are interested. We could email each other for encouragement etc.

I'm from, 46, mother of 1- 7yo son
Current weight 227
Surgery weight :
Surgery Date: April 22, 2019

Hi friends
I'm looking for a surgery buddy with a date same as or close to mine. Reach out if you are interested. We could email each other for encouragement etc.

I'm from, 46, mother of 1- 7yo son
Current weight 227
Surgery weight :
Surgery Date: April 22, 2019
Hi i just signed up. My surgery is April 17. I would love to be sleeve buds! Lol

Sounds like we have a group! Lol good luck to all of us. I live in tn and am 68. I know this is going to be hard but I am glad I can hear frim yall.

That’s awesome. When r u having it? I am going to check on protein powder today. Trying to find one that does not have a flavor to put in soups etc. where are you getting your vitamins. Did your dr recommend anywhere? I am really excited for u.

That’s awesome. When r u having it? I am going to check on protein powder today. Trying to find one that does not have a flavor to put in soups etc. where are you getting your vitamins. Did your dr recommend anywhere? I am really excited for u.
I live in Md. He has me taking flintstone vitamins. Lol.

my surgeon said I could have mine in April but have not scheduled it yet. But I am in my class right now. I waiting for my therapist to get her co-therapist to do my eval and I will be done.

I have my appointment with my therapist on the 3rd and the the 4th I have my second class. My therapist is going to set me a really soon date to see the other therapist that works in the office to do my mental evaluation My therapist is making sure I know what I am getting into before I go through with it.

I am so glad you mentioned Flintstone vitamins. When I was looking for an alternative, hoping for something that tastes a little better than what I was using, I bought a bottle of Flintstone vitamins. I put the bottle side by side the bariatric one versus The Flintstones. They were identical. The vitamins at we are giving our children are the same vitamins we could take as adults. Now this raises a lot of questions especially regarding this fat soluble vitamins that you shouldn't take too much of. Anyway you don't have to get one that says Flintstones complete unless the one you have is missing something that's in the complete formulation. I ended up buying a brand by Target that was sort of a generic for Flintstones. But if you take them out of the bottle and put them into your pill holders Like I Do dividing up for the days a week at a time, they start to melt and get sticky. And the bottom line for me was I did not like the taste of them at all. I don't think they had gummies when I had surgery but I'm guessing that might taste a little better.
Anyway read the labels read the labels read the label that's the most important thing read the labels ask your doctor!

I take Trader Joe's High potency women's chewables, two a day. while I'm talking about it, let me say that I also take B12, D, vitamin C chewables, and calcium citrate, all of which I get a Trader Joe's. And if you are taking calcium, make sure you get calcium citrate. Calcium carbonate is not a good form of calcium for women.

And if you take an iron pill everyday as I do you must take it when your stomach is full and not when you're taking your calcium iron and calcium don't like each other. They will cancel each other out.

The last note that's really super important is that I buy my calcium in 1000 mg tablets. Then I break them in half so that each tablet is a has two 500 mg parts. Your body can only take in 500 mg of calcium at a time. You're not going to get any extra benefits you take a thousand at once. These are the things women don't get told very often. I asked a lot of doctors and a lot of nutritionist and I read a lot before I realized that was what I had to do.

In the book now it say not to take the childrens vitamins. Because they don't add up to what we need now. I just read the book like 3 times so I can remember the information. But it did say that. So I don't know.

Back