• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

April 22, 2019 Surgery Buddy

How nervous are you
I think I am beyond nervous....
I backed out about 3 months ago but decided to go for it. I think if I had a dr and staff that talked to you it might help. All I have done is go to seminar, listen to him and nurse in his office and now report to surgery. Evidently that’s it! I just thought there would be a little one on one time to answer questions. Next step is surgery, getting up and walking every 30 minutes and sitting in a chair. They told us we would not be sleeping or resting after surgery. I think my biggest fear other then the surgery is throwing up. I know the gas will be painful but at some point that leaves us. Lol. Your surgery is before mine. How are you feeling. Have you gotten support from your dr and staff? I truly hope so. I hope to talk when we have had it and say wow was not as bad as I thought. Lol

That is exactly what they just told me. Lol
Moody what's up with you? I keep losing track of people's threads so I sometimes miss surgery dates and need updating. By the way do you realize that you and I are the same age? I'm really interested to know if you've had the surgery by now and if so, how you're doing.

Hi friends
I'm looking for a surgery buddy with a date same as or close to mine. Reach out if you are interested. We could email each other for encouragement etc.

I'm from, 46, mother of 1- 7yo son
Current weight 227
Surgery weight :
Surgery Date: April 22, 2019
Thinking of you.

Hey Mama Bear, how are you doing? You are in the home stretch but also in a period of time that must feel like forever. The waiting would kill me! How about an update?

I am good. I have another week. I am excited. I am ready for this. I am going in with a positive look about it and I am going to come out of it the same (hopefully) I have high tolerance to pain so I hope that it will help me. But I am on my liquid diet right now and I am killing it. Day 8 and have not had as much problems as I did before. And if any day was going to be the day to break it was today. Today is my mother's birthday and even though she is no longer with us I feel as if she is. She would be proud of what I am going to do because she wanted to do it to but her doctor told her she had to show she really wanted it by losing weight first. I guess they seen where I lost so much weight already they went a head and sent me through to have it. But this is something that is going to be the best for me.

I sometimes miss surgery dates and need updating.
Moodychic I hope you are still here. It looks like it's been a while since you posted and so we don't know if you had surgery or not. You backed out in the past. Did you go through with it this time? I hope you're still here I enjoyed your posts.

How nervous are you
Cindy, how are you doing? I know you had an obstacle to surgery because I don't think Cindy, how are you doing? I know you had an obstacle to surgery because I don't think they will operate on anyone who fails a cotinine test. But you went through so many of the steps and learn so much so I personally am dying to know how you are.

I think I am beyond nervous....
I backed out about 3 months ago but decided to go for it. I think if I had a dr and staff that talked to you it might help. All I have done is go to seminar, listen to him and nurse in his office and now report to surgery. Evidently that’s it! I just thought there would be a little one on one time to answer questions. Next step is surgery, getting up and walking every 30 minutes and sitting in a chair. They told us we would not be sleeping or resting after surgery. I think my biggest fear other then the surgery is throwing up. I know the gas will be painful but at some point that leaves us. Lol. Your surgery is before mine. How are you feeling. Have you gotten support from your dr and staff? I truly hope so. I hope to talk when we have had it and say wow was not as bad as I thought. Lol
MOODY! What is up with you? I really wanted to read your story because we are the same age. I don't know if I would be tough enough or brave enough to have the surgery at 67 or 68. But I sure did love the life but gave me after I was 56. Did you do it? Did I miss something? Update has!

Next step is surgery, getting up and walking every 30 minutes and sitting in a chair. They told us we would not be sleeping or resting after surgery. I think my biggest fear other then the surgery is throwing up.

I can't believe Moody hasn't been around since late April. If you're still reading, Moody, I hope you'll give us an update. I really enjoyed reading your posts & following your story.

Back