• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Are your families loosing weight with you?

chantal petrey

I am trying to get my two daughters and my husband to eat the way I eat. We are all over weight so I figured if I'm cooking then I don't want to keep cooking stuff I can't eat and they should not eat. My husband is fighting me a little but the girls are on board. Have you all changed your families diet??

I am trying to get my two daughters and my husband to eat the way I eat. We are all over weight so I figured if I'm cooking then I don't want to keep cooking stuff I can't eat and they should not eat. My husband is fighting me a little but the girls are on board. Have you all changed your families diet??
My wife is going to go on the protein shake diet for awhile.
Her and some of her teacher friends are starting after the first.

I personally never fried foods, so my cooking style didn't really change such as baking, broiling or grilling. I on the other hand don't make things such as spaghetti any longer, I changed it up and use spaghetti squash now. They still get biscuits in the morning on the weekend, I just chooose not to have any now. I do definitely look at what's in a recipe now and cater to my needs but they have not even noticed. My husband doesn't really mind eating a healthier life style but when we go out to eat it seems like he orders the worst thing on the menu now.

I guess I'm lucky, my wife very supportive, and is reading every label eating healthier with me, I'm on the pre-op diet now, but she is still being careful to read labels. And making sure I'm good...

Back