• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

At War...Brain and Stomach

We all know that this battling of our weight is a half or maybe even more than half a mind game.

I know that when my mind is in the right mode, battling over weight is so much easier. So now that I have had my WLS......I am in another war.....Brain against Stomach!!

My brain is telling me "Eat something" and all these wonderful food ideas are coming in play.

Now my stomach is telling me..."No Way" and that very full feeling is after one bite. So the waste of food comes into play.

So here I am in the middle trying to be the peace maker....hum...I wonder who is going to win this war??

I AM .....THAT'S WHO....I am the control over the brain and the stomach. I didn't go through all this for nothing and so the journey begins my friends. Stay tuned in for the wars ending benefits!!

hi onestepatatime YES YOU ARE GONNA WIN THE BATTLE YOU'VE ALREADY DID AWESOME WITH SUCH A BIG WEIGHT LOSS ALREADY. WE'RE RIGHT THERE WITH YOU , DAILY FIGHTING THE SAME BATTLE. I LOVE THIS ROOM AND IT' S SO GREAT TO BE ABLE TO SHARE WITH OTHERS OUR FEELINGS AND OUR BATTLES WITH FOOD BECAUSE ALL OF US UNDERSTAND AND WE HAVE NOW BEEN GIVEN THE TOOL'S TO HELP US WIN OUR BATTLE. I KNOW WITHIN A YEAR OR SOONER ALL OF US ARE GONNA REACH OUR HEALTHY GOAL 'S AND LOOK BACK AND SAY" WOW HOW DID I DO THAT" AND SMILE FOR THE VICTORY WILL BE OURS. HAVE A BLESSED DAY, DONNA

Hello my friend BigTallSis aka Donna,

Thank you for all your support. I really appreciate it. Yes my friend we are all in this together and supportive of each other. I am so glad that I found this support group. We come from all walks of life but have been brought together with one major battle of the bulge. With each step we take sharing our concerns or tributes is the most important. I hope that you have a great success and I will be there for you too. Take care and keep in touch.

For me that is also the hard part. I find that emotions have a lot to do with it too and I have tosit down and ask myself why are you carving these things, are you bored, lonesome, hungry, or just have a taste for something? Once I discover and admit to the reason I can do something about it.Don't know if others experience this but I do. Hope this helps. Good luck. We can all develop the strategies to be successful on this wonderful journey. Joy

What's the acronym? HALT? Do you want to eat because you are Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired? I would add Bored to that too, or just Sick and tired of fighting the battle.

Wow Onestep, you hit the nail on the head for me - stomach vs head. I wish my head would listen more to my stomach, it's much smarter.

Mergatroid and Karenina,

Thanks for letting me know I am not alone in this battle of mind against stomach. Karenina, I am not bored, yes I am hungry but when I eat I can only eat two small bites. I am only getting 380 - 400 calories a day with 80 grams of protein.
That is a good day usually it is 200-300 calories a day with 60 grams of proteins. It is so different when you eat two small bites and you are very full. So unbelievable. How can a person be healthy with that few calories? I am taking my vitamins which is a must!!! So good to hear from my friends. Take care and we will continue this journey together.

Back