• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

August 22 Upcoming Surgery Date!!!

Hi Guys,
It's been a while since I've been online and now that I am coming up on my surgery date, I wanted to give you all an update. The last 7 months had been exhausting for me and after completing all of my clearances, I was able to give myself time to recuperate from everything. I was able to get a lot of my concerns and fears addressed and with the help of my bariatrics nurse and my daughter, I am now comfortable with going forward to have the surgery. Since starting this journey, I have lost about 40 lbs, ;) and even though I still have constant pain, I am confident that with the surgery, I can reduce the severity of it and will be able to get back some portion of my social life. My surgery is scheduled for Monday morning, August 22, 2022 and I am praying not only for its success but for a quick healing process.

Thanks everyone for your support !

How did it go?? :)

Hi Tiffany, Good morning! My surgery went very well and I was surprise that except for the day of the surgery itself, my pain level was very mild to none. I was discharged 3 day later and my family member was surprised that I did look like someone who had major surgery because I looked and felt so good. I must say though, that I had some concerns earlier this week in regards to my energy level because there are days when I find that I don't have any energy at all to do much of anything. This I found is normal and that I still have to take it easy because my body is still adjusting and it will take some time in the process.

Hope you're doing well!

Good morning Kcuster83, I am doing and feeling great. However, there are days, when I don't have the energy to do much of anything and was advised by my doctor that those are the days to just take it easy since my body is still adjusting to the new normal. I have been doing well with my liquids and proteins and I am now 12 days post-op and have been given the okay to transitioned to soft /pureed foods. If you have any tips that you know of, I truly would appreciate it very much.

Good morning Kcuster83, I am doing and feeling great. However, there are days, when I don't have the energy to do much of anything and was advised by my doctor that those are the days to just take it easy since my body is still adjusting to the new normal. I have been doing well with my liquids and proteins and I am now 12 days post-op and have been given the okay to transitioned to soft /pureed foods. If you have any tips that you know of, I truly would appreciate it very much.
That's great. Glad to hear you are doing well! The biggest tip I received from my Dietician was to try new foods separately so if something made you sick you know exactly what it was and can adjust accordingly. Even when I was allowed fresh veggies again, I tried 1 at a time before eating them all mixed into a salad.
I am pretty lucky, I only had 2 things bother me early on and can pretty much eat anything now without issues. (5.5 months post op)
Also, when I transitioned into each stage I would only take a bite or 2 and then wait like 10 minutes to see how my body reacted to it. I learned that (at least for me) if something didn't agree with me it was immediate.
Good luck, take it slow!

Back