• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Baby Shower? Lol

Badgy

Okay, so we're not having a baby, but we're having something just as exciting, right? If I had any friends left or family, I would have a shower. A Bari Shower. And I would register for gift cards to clothing stores, and hair/nail salons, and baby flatware (lol) and protein "formula" and all those things that cost a bloody fortune when you add them all up. Two cakes shaped like the stomach before and after the sleeve haha! It would be so much fun! (And you get free stuff) :)

Okay, so we're not having a baby, but we're having something just as exciting, right? If I had any friends left or family, I would have a shower. A Bari Shower. And I would register for gift cards to clothing stores, and hair/nail salons, and baby flatware (lol) and protein "formula" and all those things that cost a bloody fortune when you add them all up. Two cakes shaped like the stomach before and after the sleeve haha! It would be so much fun! (And you get free stuff) :)
Love the idea someone has amazingly supportive people in their life.

My bday is in October, so a few months after when my surgery should be. I think my family will probably get me gift cards, but until I’ve lost enough to be stable with a clothing size, it’s all consignment shops for me! I’ve got a ton of awesome consignment shops around my house. I’m going the inexpensive route :cool:

I received a couple gift cards for Christmas that I'm looking forward to using. Since surgery, all I've been wearing are my old, plus size tees and yoga pants. Very comfy while I've been sore and swollen but the epidemy of frumpy. I don't think I have a single thing left in my closet that will fit properly, down to bras and undies. I think I'm about 2 sizes smaller than I was before body contouring. Gotta build a wardrobe from scratch. Going to take a lot more than the gift cards but I'll get there. :)

Back