• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Back in wait state....

WWWindy

When my surgeon told me he was turning the paperwork over to his scheduler, I just assumed (ugh) I'd hear back quickly. Not! I called her today and she apologized that I was still in a wait state. It seems they can't submit to insurance for approval until they at least have a tentative date for surgery. Insurance companies like to approve surgeries to be performed by a certain date. The surgeon has 90 surgeries being scheduled at this time and working with the hospital scheduler and my surgeon's scheduler to get everyone slotted into a date/time is just taking a lot of resources. Who would of thought that one surgeon had so many cases that were held during this covid thing? I should have. He's really good. He had also inserted my daughter's chemo port.

I guess I'm going to relax and enjoy the wait, maybe lose a couple more pounds, work out a bit more, enjoy my daughter, get respite care lined up for her and keep the garden growing. I have tomatoes that will be ready to pick in about 2 weeks. Woo Hoo!!

When my surgeon told me he was turning the paperwork over to his scheduler, I just assumed (ugh) I'd hear back quickly. Not! I called her today and she apologized that I was still in a wait state. It seems they can't submit to insurance for approval until they at least have a tentative date for surgery. Insurance companies like to approve surgeries to be performed by a certain date. The surgeon has 90 surgeries being scheduled at this time and working with the hospital scheduler and my surgeon's scheduler to get everyone slotted into a date/time is just taking a lot of resources. Who would of thought that one surgeon had so many cases that were held during this covid thing? I should have. He's really good. He had also inserted my daughter's chemo port.

I guess I'm going to relax and enjoy the wait, maybe lose a couple more pounds, work out a bit more, enjoy my daughter, get respite care lined up for her and keep the garden growing. I have tomatoes that will be ready to pick in about 2 weeks. Woo Hoo!!
Drat, sorry your wait is going to be longer than expected. It's great that you're seeing the positive, especially that you have a coveted surgeon. It always makes me smile when you share your forward-facing outlook. :)

I'm in the exact same boat!

Your positivity is very uplifting and inspiring! (BTW, sorry about the delay!). Keep up the positive attitude. It will happen at the exact moment it is meant to ;)

Back