• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Beans II: This Time It's Beanier

rjbj

This apparently is the right spot for my taco casserole recipe:

That's all, really. I had beans, well, as part of a taco-style casserole...thingy. You see, I start making dishes without making sure that I have what I need first. (Go, team ADHD!) First you thoroughly punish zucchini, red peppers, and onions, mix them with cooked ground turkey, add a packet of taco seasoning, then put it in the casserole dish, spread a layer of refried beans on top and top it off with Mexican blend shredded cheese. Unless you don't have the refried beans or enough of the right cheese. I therefore paved the top of the casserole with washed/drained pinto beans and used mozzarella to fill in the cheese layer. I made this back during my culinary practices before surgery and though how great it would be on chips. Oh, I miss real chips! I've gotten quest "protein chips" which are ... a lot like chips in some ways, but they would never support the weight of nachos. Sigh.

Back