• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Been Approved

toadey

Now comes the waiting.Well I wonder how long it will take till i get my date,trying to read as much as I can,starting to eat as much protein as poss,Wish there was support groups around here I live two hours away from my Hospital,feel so alone.:(

Toadey, I hope the time goes quickly for you. Though waiting is difficult, it will all be wort it once you get there! You are wise to learn all you can and get support now. I wish I had researched more beforehand. But I could write a book on all I have learned since surgery. I am new to this site, but I am sure you will be able to find answers to all your questions. Good luck!

The waiting I think is the worst part. From start to finish, my journey before surgery was just over four months. Two months to get everything done and then the rest of the time to wait. It was an emotional time. I was denied one because the insurance claimed the doctor didn't send in enough of my tracked weight for the last four years. It was hard but worth the wait. I lost 15 pounds before surgery, even though it wasn't a requirement. Since my surgery on Feb. 25, 2013, I have lost another 47 pounds. Just remember, you're not alone. Many people can help you here if you have any questions. Good luck getting a date for surgery! A week after I was approved I was given a date. So, soon!

Hey Toadey, You are not alone! We are all out here to support you. There are so many of us on line at any given time willing to share or listen to you. I, myself, love this site, and I pop on here numerous times throughout the entire course of a day. I love to listen and chat. So you just know that there are quite a few of us regulars on here that are listening, so to speak and are willing and able to give you that support. This is my 3rd visit today. I pop on during breaks to see what's new and what is happening. It will happen my friend! Lacey

Hey Toadey....you and I are now in the exact same shoes...been approved.....no date. I just found out this morning that I was approved. I don't even know if my surgeon knows yet!
Super stoaked about it. I have been doing nothing but protein since last Wednesday. It isn't really that hard, just find some that you like. We are all here for you! Lacey

Back