• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Begining to explore

msmartin

Hi ,

Not sure if my profile took so..I'm msmartin 58 live in Clearwater Florida
5'2" 240lbs
And I am just begining to decided if this is right for me. I ordered and just recieved yesterday "Weight Loss Ssurgery For Dummies" Figured to was a good place to start.

I've talked to many others, some who have had the lap band and some who have had the surgery.
Trying to decided which way to go.
I know I have to do something.
My doctor has put me in for a consult with a surgeon but I haven't gone yet.
Im sure I'll be here looking for support

Welcome msmartin if you have health issues like diabetic, high blood pressure etc. Most health issues can be taken care of once you have the surgery. I was taken off insulin, high blood pressure med, high cholestrol med, and others. It's so nice to hear the nurse say you blood pressure is normal, yeah and to not have to take insulin, the surgery helps you loose those unwanted pounds if offers you a tool for life to help you get the weight off and keep it off. There are alot of wonderful people on this site whom are willing to share there journey with you and answer your questions too. Also i have found alot of answers at the world according to eggface.com she had the surgery years ago and went from a size 28-4 and she has endless receipes and ideas and products she uses even now that help along the way and they taste good too, check her site out. Hope you are having a nice evening. Donna

Hello Msmartin,
Welcome to the group. I had the sleeve last December. Knowledge is power, take your time and you will find the answer that is right for you.
Good luck and if I can answer any questions just let me know....
Laurie

Back