• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Blood Sugar issues

I will be 3 years post-op in November of this year from gastric bypass. Since the beginning of this year I seem to be struggling with my blood sugar dropping. I have a monitor to check it regularly, when it drops sometimes it gets to high 40's or Low 50's and it's rare for it to be high, like over 110. Has anyone had any similar experiences and if so what did you do to resolve it? Thanks in advance for any tips or advice! :)

You need medical care to find the answer to that question. You're lucky to have a monitor so you can check it, but you need to share your numbers with a medical professional. People often attribute problems to low blood sugar when, in fact, it's something else. We aren't medical professionals here--or at least only a few of us--and you need a doctor to analyze what's going on with you. I urge you to see a doctor as soon as possible.

Back