• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Botched Gastric Bypass

How many people on here have had a botched bariatric surgery?

• Yes I have

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello everyone my name is Natasha I'm on here because I really need support July July the 6th of 2022 I had a gastric bypass surgery and it was botched I had to go on a feeding tube. I've been hospitalized 4 times I'm still on a feeding machine . I'm actually waiting to have a corrective surgery it's been a nightmare it's been for whaling and I'm so angry because the doctor who botched me he needs to pay for what hes done because how many other people have he done this too Have anyone on your head messed up surgeries

I am sad to hear that your surgery was botched. I had a hysterectomy in 95 that was botched. I did hire a lawyer who specialized in personal injury lawsuits. Do your research before hiring your lawyer. The dr who did this was more recognized as fertility dr and was banned from practicing in my state. I was the third person who had problems with this dr.

Hi, Natasha. I am sorry that this has happened to you and hope your health issues will be fully resolved with the corrective surgery.

I have had no issues but, I do have a few pieces of common sense advice since its really difficult to think straight when you're in the middle of it.

Get a file folder and keep every single piece of paper you receive. Discharge papers, the paperwork stapled to your prescriptions, every receipt and/or bill you receive.

Also, look online and find out what the statute of limitations is to file a complaint, both a lawsuit and a formal complaint to the medical board in your state.

Hello everyone my name is Natasha I'm on here because I really need support July July the 6th of 2022 I had a gastric bypass surgery and it was botched I had to go on a feeding tube. I've been hospitalized 4 times I'm still on a feeding machine . I'm actually waiting to have a corrective surgery it's been a nightmare it's been for whaling and I'm so angry because the doctor who botched me he needs to pay for what hes done because how many other people have he done this too Have anyone on your head messed up surgeries
Wow Natasha, I am so sorry to hear of your awful experiences. I sure hope you can get a healthy outcome soon, and best of luck with getting this resolved legally.

Well, Natasha, the good news is that you can definitely get a proper financial settlement that will allow you to include pain and suffering. This means a lot of repair is possible, as well as reconstructive (cosmetic) surgery that can help even more to improve your outcome and match your dream.

Yes . I was basically left wirh 2 stomachs, full of infection. I wasn't a good candidate for the bypass maybe because I have a artificial colon . But it was mainly from neglect. If he would have ran the proper test on me when I was complaining I probably wouldn't be in this situation. Alot of people have great success with the surgery. So Fear Not Trust In God . For me it was the Doctor himself he just didn't care about me or my health after the Surgery. You will be fine

Can you share a little bit of what exactly went wrong? I have to have a bypass because I have a hiatal hernia and I am SCARED TO DEATH.
Please research the risk of complications. This situation, while horrific, is not the norm. The risk of serious complications is actually very low. My cousin had the sleeve because "bypass is so much more danerous!!" It does have a slightly higher risk (about 2%) vs the sleeve. But it also has an average of 10% higher weight loss and and odds of keeping it off.

Please research the risk of complications. This situation, while horrific, is not the norm. The risk of serious complications is actually very low. My cousin had the sleeve because "bypass is so much more danerous!!" It does have a slightly higher risk (about 2%) vs the sleeve. But it also has an average of 10% higher weight loss and and odds of keeping it off.

What Missy said.

In my state they have a number you can call which is title "Attorney Referral." Many surgeries of all kinds come with complications. You may find an attorney who specializes in gastric bypass. You can speak to more than one and specify you want one who lists surgical malpractice as one of his/her specialities. It doesn't have to be specific to gastric bypass. There may also be a state agency that's set up to take surgical cases. Sometimes the referral line is set up by the bar association, which I would avoid. I'd start with the department of health and go from there.

Back