• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Brrr it is cold

MLE

Hi wondering if anyone else has this happening as well I live in New England so yes I know it is cold outside. But since surgery 3 weeks ago I am always freezing. I have turned the heat up 5-8 degrees higher then normal in my house am wearing fleece and long sleeves, socks and slippers and am cold I was always the one too warm with sweat starting in these same conditions. Has anyone else noticed body temperature changing after surgery?

Does it last or change back?

Hi wondering if anyone else has this happening as well I live in New England so yes I know it is cold outside. But since surgery 3 weeks ago I am always freezing. I have turned the heat up 5-8 degrees higher then normal in my house am wearing fleece and long sleeves, socks and slippers and am cold I was always the one too warm with sweat starting in these same conditions. Has anyone else noticed body temperature changing after surgery?

Hi,

Yes, I am always cold too.

It has become more obvious since my surgery on 11/4/2013.

My hands can all of a sudden turn cold.

I am always in a bathrobe over my clothes at home.

Now, I should tell you my darling wife is always HOT !!! She has the temperature in the house between 65 to 67. At night it is 65 in the bedrooms.

So, some of the practical things that I have done have helped.

I now use flannel pajamas. My wife bought me an electric blanket for my side of the bed. This is wonderful!

There are times in the house I will put a pair of gloves on.

You have to remember we lost a lot of "insulation" :)

I can manage the cold.

I still love the result.

I am so much happier.

Ralph

I was always hot as long as I can remember. I used to sleep with the bedroom window open a few inches in the winter to get fresh, cold air. I loved it!

Now since surgery I am freezing. My hands are like ice. I walk around shivering. For the first time in my life I wear long sleeve shirts. At least now I can wear snuggly, fuzzy warm clothes now, they used to make me too hot. I figure it's because I have lost body weight? But then again it started right after sugery before I lost much weight. I am cold as I write this.

I am 19 months post op and it hasn't changed back, if anything it seems I get colder as the time goes by.

Cheyenne :cool:

I'm not a doctor and it sound like you might want to see your doctor. In my pass when I would feel unusually cold my blood hemoglobin was low. Everybody is different...again it sounds like you should go to the doctors, because being unusually cold can come from many things.

Back