• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Buy-bye to 50 pounds

Anne23

Hi friends!

This upcoming week will mark 3 months since my RNY surgery, and I just crossed the 50 pound goal - I am thrilled to say the least. I lost 7 pre-op and then 44 post-op. My BMI was lower from the start (38) but I had an elevated A1C/pre-diabetic, HBP for years, and fatty liver. I won’t have my big blood work panel until the fall so I will have to wait to see the A1C improvements, but I’m off my BP med and that’s really something. I am 30 pounds from goal and know things will slow down before I get there (in May I averaged 2.3 pounds week), so just working to be healthy one day at a time. The only recent complication I have had is that at 3 months I’m allowed to stop taking Pepcid so last week when my bottle ran out I stopped - bad move! I had two days of nausea and crazy stomach gurgling before I quickly went back on the Pepcid. Took a few days but my stomach seems to be restored. I can’t stand shakes anymore so I’m pushing my intake of salmon, shrimp, chicken, and eggs to meet goals. I also haven’t gone back to caffeine and don’t really miss it. I crave apples (I never used to) and enjoy a small slice from one almost daily with some almond butter or cheese. Anyways, things are good. Certainly not easy - everyday is WORK, but I feel like I have lost some real weight and that feels great. ☺️

Back