• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Calcium

My team said absolutely. I have a wicked hard time with pills swallowing even the most microscopic ones, then I tend to burp all day with such a gross after taste, chewables was torture getting them down so he suggested gummies and BAM I have no problems AND all my bloodwork has been coming back fantastic.

So weird how different bariatric teams give such different instructions. My team said NOT to take gummies. It has something to do with the coating that supposedly makes them less able to be absorbed. Idk, but I still take my Hair, Skin, & Nails biotin gummies daily, and pills for all other vitamins.

My team has never really said other then "you do what you have to do" when I was having difficulties getting everything in with dividing out the meds. I would miss some with the timing and they said it was better to take them all together to get some benefits. I can do calcium pills as they are way to big. I have been doing the chews but they are not feasible to cost to have my kid start taking them..nor do I think she would like them. I only had blood work at 6 months and nothing since but it was great then

Have you ever tried any of the vitamin's from Bariatric Advantage? They have calcium citrate chewy bites they are sugar-free. I take 2 a day. They do not taste good but not bad either. I was told it is after 9months when the numbers good down if they are going to. Mine were still good when they checked them at 3 months.

I take calcium citrate caramel chews recommended by my team when I fussed about the pills (2 huge ones twice a day in addition to multivitamin). These are delish and it satisfies the sweet tooth (take them when I get home from work which is when I am most likely to graze).
I love those! But i found them triggering, so i gave them up.

I take 22 pills every day, in four doses. So i sort them into small containers and that makes everything easy for me.

My recent bloodwork indicates I'm overdoing my B12, which is a tiny sublingual, so im not sure what to do. I guess I'll take it every other day and see how the next blood draw comes out.

At my age, even though I still look and feel like I'm in my 40s, (thanks Mom and Dad for that map to the Fountain of Youth), I dont like to take chances with my health. I don't care if I live into my 90s, i just want to look young.

And I have an only child. When I'm gone, he'll be devastated. We're such good friends and we "fit," enjoying the same things.

Think I'll talk to him about supplements, make sure he understands them and buys them. He spends a lot of money on pot. Might as well spend as much on stuff that's good for his body. Ugh! When I think about that sticky pot resin on his lungs, it makes me ill.

P.S. i dont color my hair. I keep wishing it would turn grey, but it's also apparently genetic. And I've always had a round face. Taken a few minutes ago...

Back