• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Calendar - Add your surgery Date or Anniversary

Kevin

Staff member
We have a new Calendar feature on this site. It's a little tricky to figure out how to use it, so I'm posting a quick little guide for it here.

The way it works: If you start a new thread, you'll be able to go into that thread and attach a Calendar date to it. It's useful for members to track each other's Surgery Dates or Anniversaries of the their surgery. So please just use it for surgery dates, no birthdays or doctor's appointments.

After you create a new thread, go back into that thread (or go into a thread that you've created in the past)

There is an Options (...) dropdown box, Click on that and then Click on Calendar Menu

Then Click on Calendar Add Recurring Yearly

Then just pick the date for the surgery or anniversary of the surgery

Now the Thread will be added to the Calendar.

We'll see how the Calendar feature does on the site. Good Luck everyone!

Yeah, I know it's not a very easy feature to use. I wish there was an easier way to do it. As of now, it's the best option. I'm not a programmer so I have to scour the internet to find a feature like that that someone else has created and then buy it off them. I'm going to keep my eyes open for a more intuitive one though. Although, once you get this calendar figured out, it is actually real simple. It's just figuring it out for the first time that's a little rough.

I think that I did figure out how to enter the date for anniversary purposes, but it didn't stick. I have to redo it every single time I post. That's never going to happen. So Kevin do you think I did it right or is that what we should all expect? Thank you for being so open to forum members' ideas

This group is great because of the respect people voluntarily give one another. But what you see is what you get. I haven't seen a post from Kevin for years. If a feature doesn't work, there's no one to fix it. It would be fun to have all the add-ons mentioned in the posting guidelines, but maybe it's better for less to be more.

The surgery anniversary date has never worked. All my queries to the host have gone unanswered.

I've never been a member of a group that was more civil and supportive.

We don't need more bells and whistles. We have each other.

Hey everyone!

I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to reach out because I'm interested in purchasing backlinks for my website. If anyone from the site administration is open to this, please feel free to shoot me a message.

I'm willing to pay for quality links, and I can provide examples of the kind of links I'm looking for. Here are a few examples:

Cali Devereaux
_demi_dee_

If you're interested or have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me via private message. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks a bunch!

Back