• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Can I vent ? Yet another hoop to jump through

KathyLev

You people have been wonderful to me whenever I felt the need to complain ! LOL Your words of wisdom and encouragement have kept me going . Maybe it feels like things are dragging,because I'm 69 years old and want to get this over with ! :) The last hoop I had to jump through was a sleep apnea test . Turned out perfectly normal like I knew it would be. Now they decided I better get an EKG. Went to the hospital to get it. The nurse apologized for the slowness ,because "these machines are old". The leads kept falling off and she had to do the test twice. ( Arrrggghhh !!!! ) I got the results back and it showed a slight abnormality. I don't know if I trust those machines ! Now because of that,I have to see a cardiologist. I researched the "abnormality " , and it came out to be a "slight deviation of a perfect EKG and is totally normal ,and is no problem for surgery". sigh I know they are just looking out for me , but it's always something ! LOL That's my vent - I'll take my soapbox and go home now :) **** On the bright side ... I'm using this time to make a gift for myself . I'm making a handmade journal with healthy recipes , food facts, cartoons, articles , pictures , lists ... just keeping my hands busy while I wait ...and wait...and wait ...LOL

Oh,Karen - you made my day ! Thank you ! You lost 28 pounds !!!! That's an inspirartion :)
Of course the cardiologist is booked solid till the end of April . When I called for my appointment, the receptionist said " I think there's something you should know about this doctor .. he's always late. Sometimes an HOUR or MORE . Sometimes he has to leave. " OMG ... ! LOL All I can do at this point is laugh ~~~~

You people have been wonderful to me whenever I felt the need to complain ! LOL Your words of wisdom and encouragement have kept me going . Maybe it feels like things are dragging,because I'm 69 years old and want to get this over with ! :) The last hoop I had to jump through was a sleep apnea test . Turned out perfectly normal like I knew it would be. Now they decided I better get an EKG. Went to the hospital to get it. The nurse apologized for the slowness ,because "these machines are old". The leads kept falling off and she had to do the test twice. ( Arrrggghhh !!!! ) I got the results back and it showed a slight abnormality. I don't know if I trust those machines ! Now because of that,I have to see a cardiologist. I researched the "abnormality " , and it came out to be a "slight deviation of a perfect EKG and is totally normal ,and is no problem for surgery". sigh I know they are just looking out for me , but it's always something ! LOL That's my vent - I'll take my soapbox and go home now :) **** On the bright side ... I'm using this time to make a gift for myself . I'm making a handmade journal with healthy recipes , food facts, cartoons, articles , pictures , lists ... just keeping my hands busy while I wait ...and wait...and wait ...LOL
I know it feels like hoop after hoop but don’t give up! I had six months of appointments, testing, etc to find out I had to wait another 3 months for surgery. I had my surgery back on the 28th of march and I’m doing great! The most important thing for me was that those appointments prepared me for post op. I honestly have had no issues so far. No nausea or vomiting at all! I don’t know if it would have been this way had I not met all the parameters set before surgery. Keep your head up and carry on!

You people have been wonderful to me whenever I felt the need to complain ! LOL Your words of wisdom and encouragement have kept me going . Maybe it feels like things are dragging,because I'm 69 years old and want to get this over with !  The last hoop I had to jump through was a sleep apnea test . Turned out perfectly normal like I knew it would be. Now they decided I better get an EKG. Went to the hospital to get it. The nurse apologized for the slowness ,because "these machines are old". The leads kept falling off and she had to do the test twice. ( Arrrggghhh !!!! ) I got the results back and it showed a slight abnormality. I don't know if I trust those machines ! Now because of that,I have to see a cardiologist. I researched the "abnormality " , and it came out to be a "slight deviation of a perfect EKG and is totally normal ,and is no problem for surgery". sigh I know they are just looking out for me , but it's always something ! LOL That's my vent - I'll take my soapbox and go home now  **** On the bright side ... I'm using this time to make a gift for myself . I'm making a handmade journal with healthy recipes , food facts, cartoons, articles , pictures , lists ... just keeping my hands busy while I wait ...and wait...and wait ...LOL

I had to go through many tests and all in all my program was a year long. Lots of training for post op living. How are things going for you now?

Back