• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Cancelled appointment

3momchaos

I guess I should have expected for my initial surgeon appointment and dietician appointment to be cancelled, but I was just really hoping they wouldn’t be. They’ll call me to reschedule in April. I’m not sure if this means I’ll be a month behind, or if it’s just the normal wait period still. Insurance requires me to see the dietician every month, so I’ll assume surgery will be pushed back a month, and if it’s not it’ll be a happy surprise. The cornavirus can take a long walk off a short cliff! :(

I guess I should have expected for my initial surgeon appointment and dietician appointment to be cancelled, but I was just really hoping they wouldn’t be. They’ll call me to reschedule in April. I’m not sure if this means I’ll be a month behind, or if it’s just the normal wait period still. Insurance requires me to see the dietician every month, so I’ll assume surgery will be pushed back a month, and if it’s not it’ll be a happy surprise. The cornavirus can take a long walk off a short cliff! :(
Damn, I'm sorry.

I also received a call to postpone my surgery. I was scheduled for April 15th but now they are saying 2 to 3 months. I had myself really ready to go on the pre-surgery diet and now I feel like I should just forget it. I am very depressed about this because of how long it will take to get rescheduled. I feel a little defeated.

I also received a call to postpone my surgery. I was scheduled for April 15th but now they are saying 2 to 3 months. I had myself really ready to go on the pre-surgery diet and now I feel like I should just forget it. I am very depressed about this because of how long it will take to get rescheduled. I feel a little defeated.
I'm so sorry BAB. It's so disappointing, I can only imagine. We're here for you. I hope you are able to find ways to stay active and positive as 3mom has.

Not gonna lie, even a little, I will be taking advantage of this slight postponement and eating some puppy chow (muddy buddies) :p:D

I will still do all my exercising and keep off of all the items I have taken out of my diet (soda, breads and such). I also do intend to keep on the small portions that I am doing now. I got over myself after about 3 hours of pouting. Back on track. Won't give up what good I have done already. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Glad you’re getting back on track Bab please don’t give up I was depressed for awhile too not having the food I like but now 3 and a half months later I’m on sum solid foods but that’s nly small portions. I all of a sudden dislike ground beef and bread unless toasted the heck out of it . I actually had some small bites of Steak and had no problem eating it . I chewed the heck out of it too. I gave up soda cold turkey a year ago today and I dont miss it . For me the hard part is going to the movies and smelling that popcorn. But. Now sneak some beef sticks n or buy a bag of Wisps cheese crackers and a diet iced tea. So if I can do it you can do it .

I'd join your pity party but I wouldn't want to break the 10 person rule.... :p My appointment Thursday was to set my surgery date and get started with the pre-op diet and such. Like you all, I'm postponed until things settle down. Oh well, I've been at this for 6-months so a couple more isn't going to make much difference. It'll just give me an opportunity to practice ...

I'd join your pity party but I wouldn't want to break the 10 person rule.... :p My appointment Thursday was to set my surgery date and get started with the pre-op diet and such. Like you all, I'm postponed until things settle down. Oh well, I've been at this for 6-months so a couple more isn't going to make much difference. It'll just give me an opportunity to practice ...
Amazing attitude Lois, we could all learn from you in these difficult times. :)

Hang on in there don't give up before the Miracles happen!!!

You always post pics of beautiful bouquets, is it a hobby of yours or does your husband treat you to beautiful flowers often? Either way, I'm jealous! :)
The first 2 were pictures from the orchid show at the Missouri Botanical Garden, one of my favorite places on the planet! This one is a bouquet I bought myself to bring some beauty into my home. I also used them for science for my kids LOL

Mine was scheduled for 4/21. I am not sure when it will happen now, but I am not discouraged. I know the pandemic will get over and life will go on. I'll get the surgery and make my goal of losing 70 pounds or more. I know this, because I am a person of faith and strong conviction that we can all pull together and beat the corona virus.

Did you find out if the insurance will accept the delay without any problems? Im in the same boat my 180 days was up April 20th .eeeeeekkkk

Back