• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Cant belch

renie

My question is , is it normal to not belch after the surgery , i have no trouble passing wind , i just havent belched since the surgery .

I don't know the answer, I just know that it is hard for me to belch at times although it doesn't seem to be causing any major problems. It happens when I eat too much or drink too fast and then I pay for it because it hurts.

At least its getting out on the other end :D j/k I don't have that problem. But I have heard a few people in my support group say that. So maybe its normal. I drink a lot of water so maybe thats why I don't. But I just looked in my WLS bible that they sent home with me and it says certain foods will cause you to belch, or in your case try to. Smoking, eating broccoli beans,etc ans swallowing air. It says chewing gum or hard candy. I do both and never have the problem. Soda will . I am sorry but for some of us I guess its normal

Back