• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Carriew

CarrieW

Hi all!! I'm new I am out 7weeks start weight was 208 know 180. I am having trouble to getting the water in.and also protein. Any suggestions.

Hi , Im going to do the Bariatric Surgery. I don't know what one is better. The Sleeve Gastrectomy or the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bybass .Can anyone out there help me out please? and by the foods, I do eat the Protein first,then the rest, for snacks, I eat Yoplait Greek, and Kellogg's Special K makes cereal bars and chips. you can eat them instead of the other bad snacks,, but keep the fruit and vegs,in your meals to..

Thank you ,,Bethlyn70

Just keep trying. You won't be able to get all your protein in with food right now, so use protein shakes and other things like protein-enhanced pudding and jello.

Bethlyn70
I just had my surgery on June 18th had the sleeve and would recommend it to anyone. I have been doing really well I am able to eat the 1/2 cup per meal. I have not been sick. I am getting my water and protein intake is as well.
I know its only 9 days, but I feel great!
I started out in august 13 losing weight. I was 315 surgery day I was 285 and 1 week post op I was 277.
Good luck in which ever surgery you decide is right for you.

Back