• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Celebrating a huge milestone today!

Lesa Marie

Not only does today mark 10 weeks post op but I weighed in today and I’m down 50lbs total! I’m 11lbs away from being under 200lbs :) I’ve already seen such a huge improvement in my health from having more energy to being able to do every day simple task without getting out of breath. I’m so thankful to have had a second chance at a healthier life.

Yes congratulations on your wonderful news. 50 lbs is awesome!!! To put that in perspective, imagine stacking 2 lg (25 lb) bags of dog food on top of each other, then walking around all day carrying them. That's how I picture my 31 lb wt loss so far.

Wow, no wonder you feel so much better. I am so happy for you and all of your hard work. Thanks for sharing such good news with us.

Congratulations! Wow! You are really doing amazing!

I always picture pounds of ground beef, probably because they did something like that with Dr. Oz on the Oprah show once.

Keep up the good work! You should be very proud of yourself! Now go out and have an ice cream to celebrate, just kidding, have a sugar free popsicle!

Congrats!! So happy. I have t ask if you walked a lot? I am 6 weeks post op and have lost 35 lbs but seem stuck there. I am having very bad knee and back pain that I have to go to special doctors for so when I walk it is very painful. Hopefully I can get cortisone shots to make it easier. I am trying to do more around the house to make up for it. Ugh, sick of losing then getting stuck at a weight

Sorry to hear about this Linda. I also have a bad knee that makes walking (for exercise) difficult. I can't have cortisone shots in my knee (no steroids of any kind). But I have found many exercise videos on YouTube that are cardio but seated. That's been really helpful and it's more of a workout than you think!

Back