• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Changing how I look at things.

I noticed that some things have changed and it's funny/embarrassing. I thought this would be a good topic.

1)condiment bowls.
You know when you buy a group of dishes they have the big plates and little plates. They have the cereal bowl and the little bowls. I always thought those little bowls were for soy sauce and barbecue sauce. Now I have discovered there really soup bowls. There now my favorite bowls.

2) leftovers
If I only had two spoonfuls of a food, I would throw it out. Now I say that's a snack.

3)Chinese food
I use to tell people that I had to buy two meals to go at the Chinese restaurant because an hour later I would be hungry again. Now one meal takes two full days to eat.

I noticed that some things have changed and it's funny/embarrassing. I thought this would be a good topic.

1)condiment bowls.
You know when you buy a group of dishes they have the big plates and little plates. They have the cereal bowl and the little bowls. I always thought those little bowls were for soy sauce and barbecue sauce. Now I have discovered there really soup bowls. There now my favorite bowls.

2) leftovers
If I only had two spoonfuls of a food, I would throw it out. Now I say that's a snack.

3)Chinese food
I use to tell people that I had to buy two meals to go at the Chinese restaurant because an hour later I would be hungry again. Now one meal takes two full days to eat.
I was craving Chinese won ton soup over the weekend, it has lasted several meals now for me. I was like you before with Chinese food, buying extra meals each time. I like your idea with the soup bowls, that is a good way to maintain the right portion without the bowl seem virtually empty.

1)condiment bowls.

2) leftovers

3)Chinese food
Thanks for a good laugh. Very eye opening though.

I have been buying Lunchables to take for my lunch. Sometimes I can eat them all and sometimes I can't. I tried fried rice last week and it didn't work. I think it's because I ate too fast. However, it will be awhile before I try it again. HA! I have been buying the little snack size containers of cottage cheese to take for a snack at work. It's just enough. Probably cheaper to buy a big container of cottage cheese and put some in a little bowl but this way I can keep track of protein and calories. I also eat soup for lunches, crackers and Laughing Cow cheese. Trying to mix it up. I put the MyFitnessPal app on my phone to help keep track and I have a fitbit to keep track of steps. Doing everything I can to make this work. I am almost 1/2 way to my goal (losing 120 lbs. total) so I want to keep going. This support group really helps.

I have been buying Lunchables to take for my lunch. Sometimes I can eat them all and sometimes I can't. I tried fried rice last week and it didn't work. I think it's because I ate too fast. However, it will be awhile before I try it again. HA! I have been buying the little snack size containers of cottage cheese to take for a snack at work. It's just enough. Probably cheaper to buy a big container of cottage cheese and put some in a little bowl but this way I can keep track of protein and calories. I also eat soup for lunches, crackers and Laughing Cow cheese. Trying to mix it up. I put the MyFitnessPal app on my phone to help keep track and I have a fitbit to keep track of steps. Doing everything I can to make this work. I am almost 1/2 way to my goal (losing 120 lbs. total) so I want to keep going. This support group really helps.
I was told not to have rice. Forgot to ask why. Hard to imagine my life without it, but don't need them increasing in size in my new stomach.

For me my stomach still fills up quite rapidly. Yes, it has gotten larger over the 3 years plus for me. But, I am still never hungry and a bagel is too much for me. So a hard boiled egg and 1/2 bagel is a meal. Remember I am three years plus since surgery. Typically, I have two softboiled eggs for breakfast. I still cannot do chinese it make me sick as does bacon and anything too rich in oil such as a slice of pizza.

I do enjoy my evening cocktails; something none of you can do in the first year at least you are not supposed to do until you reach goal.

I use small dishes. I still cannot mix food with liquids. So I follow the food and liquid rule. When I eat my meals no liquid. I need to still wait at least 1/2 hour or more before I can have liquid. If I eat too fast I belch like crazy. If I have liquid too soon the same thing.

Just some random thoughts for all of you.

Best wishes,

Ralph

for dinner tonight I had 1/2 of a small catfish fillet and about 4 French fries. That was enough to fill me up. I always wait the 1/2 hour or so after eating to drink. Otherwise I am miserable. Don't belch but would probably feel better if I did. :) I use a small plate, as well. Makes it look like I have a lot of food. I am going to visit my brother for a week in May and he doesn't know I have had the surgery. I am waiting until I see him to tell him. Him and his girlfriend eat out a lot so it will be a little hard for me to eat but I'll make it.

I always eat my protein first. Been eating a lot of fish lately. I used to didn't care for anything but tuna and catfish but I have been expanding my horizons, so to speak. I don't drink very often so doing without liquor isn't a big deal for me.

for dinner tonight I had 1/2 of a small catfish fillet and about 4 French fries. That was enough to fill me up. I always wait the 1/2 hour or so after eating to drink. Otherwise I am miserable. Don't belch but would probably feel better if I did. :) I use a small plate, as well. Makes it look like I have a lot of food. I am going to visit my brother for a week in May and he doesn't know I have had the surgery. I am waiting until I see him to tell him. Him and his girlfriend eat out a lot so it will be a little hard for me to eat but I'll make it.

Enjoy your trip! Catfish sounds delicious right now, lol. How long ago did you have your surgery?

Jan. 10th was my surgery date. so it has been 10 weeks. I only lost about 8 lbs. the week before surgery. Only had to do the liquid diet 1 week before surgery.

Jan. 10th was my surgery date. so it has been 10 weeks. I only lost about 8 lbs. the week before surgery. Only had to do the liquid diet 1 week before surgery.
Don't worry, the weight comes off. As long as you follow your program faithfully the weight will come off. Your weight loss will be slow at times and then suddenly drop quickly. You might even gain and then lose. But the weight will come off.

Back