• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

chat room

Pat & Karen,

I can't find the chat room. It doesn't show up at all. If it ever turns up I will try to come and chat ROFL. I am famous for having these kinds of problems. Par for the course!

Javajoy - click on Forums tab. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Look for 3 tabs - first one Shoutbox, 3rd one Chat. Click on Chat.

Karen,

That was my point. That is how I always got to the chat room before. Now, those tabs are NOT there and I cannot find the chat room. I will keep trying and maybe it will reappear. I am sort of familiar with the system this Forum uses as I used to belong to another one on the same system and believe it is just a glitch.

Well that's just awful. Do you restart your computer daily? Did you send a note to admin? I enjoyed our chat the other night and miss hearing from you!! THIS MUST BE FIXED - do I sound fierce?? Looking forward to talking again. K

Rofl, I love the attitude. I get so frustrated. I will send another message to the admin about this. They fixed my ability to connect problem which was frustrating and now I can't find the chat room. I will try a restart of my computer, I don't do it every day as a general rule, just when I need to which works out to about twice a week. My cox cable is finicky from time to time, and I often get up in the morning and find it has restarted due to some update.

I sent a message to AB James. I hate that everyone can't join in the reindeer games.

Karen, Joy and DarkAngel-I am also becomming frustrated by all of the chat room issues. It seems like the inability to connect has been addressed but I keep getting booted out of the room every little while. Other's are having this problem too as well as not being able to find the chat room easily. There are literally thousands of free chat rooms on the Internet. If the administration can not fix the problem what do you say about just going elsewhere to chat? I can look around and try to set one up for this forum's members.

Alternate chat room

Everyone-I have set up an alternate chat room for those of us who are experiencing technical difficulties with the American Bariatrics chat room. You can connect with the link below. However, you will need to register by chosung a username and password before you can log in and use the alternate chat room. It's fast, easy and FREE!!! I will add a link to my signature to access the alternate chat room but I suggest that you bookmark it or add it to your start up page.

It's up to you to use whichever room you want. I just wanted to make an option for the people who are having problems with finding or staying connected to the AB chat room. Please let me know if there are any issues connecting to the alternate chat room. There are instructions on the forum start page to assist with setting up your log in.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/ablosersclub

I just thought of something for those of who who can't get into chat. At the bottom of the forums page - do you see a recent activities bar? If so, look to the right - do you see an small triangle? If so - click on the small triangle and it should open the chat. Someone check it out and let me know!

Yes, that little triangle opens and closes that entire area.

Everything was all open and available to me. I clicked on the triangle and everything disappeared but for the blue bar with "recent activity." When I clicked on the triangle again, everything returned.

For some reason I'm having problems getting the chat room to launch in the alternate room. I have requested assistance and will let everyone know when it is activated properly. Right now it can only be used as a message board. Feel free to use it if you want.

Well, I just found out there is an annual membership required to launch a chat room. That won't be happening but feel free to use my forum as a message board for now. I belong to a couple of chat rooms in the same group of forums and I might be able to "piggy back" onto one of them. Actually, these are public rooms and there is nothing stopping us from setting up user names and just chatting from an existing room but I would rather get "permission" from the room's owner first. I'll work on doing this.

Back