• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Cheat or Replenishing meal

Fosgate

This last week I just have not been eating much and still have not felt satisfied. Stress with a knee injury and work has led up to it. I don't like when this happens because I'll suddenly start a rapid progression of weight loss and I could notice it in my skin, alertness and my stomach making noises. I know many of you know I keep saying seafood is my go to. And it really is. Mixing it up, certain foods have always been my relief from these events that slow down the weight loss to a more controllable level where I still feel alert and ready for just about anything.

Tonight I found relief in a local Cajun restaurant run by a family from East TX having their crab and shrimp boil. I ordered a plate for myself. I would up drinking about half of each for the night. Nearly a year since my procedure (Duodenal Switch with Roux En Y) and this is probably the biggest meal I've eaten to date and I don't feel overstuffed, just content. Typically I could handle maybe two of these sausage links and one of the 1/2 ear of corn and maybe a bite of potato. Tonight I managed 1 whole snow crab, all the crayfish from mine and my wifes tray maybe 2 dozen (Hey, she stole one of my corn, fair trade and yes I bit and sucked on the head), maybe 4 or 5 shrimp, 1/2 ear of corn chased by half a large mason jar of unsweetened ice tea and half a gators blood (Spicy Bloody Mary). Right now just feeling alert and ready to run a marathon typing this up.

Part of my procedure the challenge is not worrying about over eating. It is about eating enough and getting the nutrients you need.

Anyway. Do any of you have a meal you find easy to eat that gets you back in control?

Attachments

• IMG_7708.jpg
    IMG_7708.jpg
    539.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7710.JPG
    IMG_7710.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 48
Back