• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Checking In.....

I had my two week check up and doctor is impressed on how well I am doing. I am ready to start trying foods. Tired of stuff, like protein shakes, jello, pudding, creamed soups, and cream of wheat. With gastric sleeve you are not suppose to advance to soft foods (eggs, ground meats, veggies, fruits) till 4 weeks after surgery. I think my biggest problem is realizing I can only eat very small portions. I know that proteins shakes are a must, but so tired of the sweetness from them. I have started with protein shots that are 42 g of protein and dilute it with 24 ounces of water. It is much better that trying to drink three to four shakes a day. I am suppose to get 80-100 grams protein a day plus 64 ounces of water. I have not hit that goal as of yet. I have come close.

Since my surgery we have a new granddaughter, Avery Kathryn. She was born one week after my surgery. She is a doll with mega hair. I hope that everyone here on ABS is doing good and wish all well.

hi glad to hear youre doing so good, congratulations on your new grandbaby.'you've done really well with your weight loss too. keep up the goodwork.
Donna

hi glad to hear youre doing so good, congratulations on your new grandbaby.'you've done really well with your weight loss too. keep up the goodwork.
Donna

I hear on sweet stuff they gag me. The carnation instant breakfast with out sugar added that I have to add non-fat dry milk to are gross sweet tasting. I kicked out cream of wheat was also yucky. So yes I have been struggling to get the protein and liquids in as you. So I went to the store and bought some Campbells soup Bean with bacon and split pea and a couple of 98% cream of soups that I haven't tried yet. Congrats on the grand baby and the weight loss. I have my 2wk apt on Tues. so I better get my walking into gear over the wkd as I face the music shortly!

Back