• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Cheewaffles

LTMR

Love kitchen gadgets. I brought the My Mini waffle maker from Walmarts, for 9.95 and its just big enough (about 5 inches round when the waffle is done). I will use 1 egg, maybe some ham or chicken cut up, 1/3 cup of shredded cheese, basil and oregano and mix. In 3 minutes its ready. For a waffle you use 1 egg, 1/3 cup of Mozzarella cheese, dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and two teaspoons of almond flour and enjoy it with sugar free syrup. You do not taste the cheese. You can find loads of recipes on UTube for Cheewaffles and I like watching the Keto Twins. Trying cottage cheese chips soon lol. Enjoying this journey! I eat everything in moderation, lol but I do not get hungry. I drink two Premier Latte shakes one in the morning and at night and water and Crystal Lite in between. Gastric Bypass was 20 April 2022 (232 lbs) now down to 155, not bad to have 77 lbs gone lol. SINCERELY, BEST OF LUCK TO ALL ON THIS JOURNEY!!!

I could never find a decent syrup that was either runny and tasteless or had stevia, mink fruit or alcohol sugar that upset my stomach. I took a recipe for powdered sugar from Splendas site.
2/3 cup splenda
2 Tbsp corn starch.
Run them in a blender until it’s powder.

I sprinkle that on my waffles, French toast and Grilled Cheese sandwich. Grilled cheese? I grew up putting maple syrup on those since a kid. Savory and sweet at the same time. Also one of my favs to spread in waffles is fruited yogurt (cannon light & fit) I found lately though I can tolerate less than 10g of sugar at the light and fit seems to be the lowest I can find. I stay away from the zero sugar ones because sugar alcohols, stevia, monk fruit, all upset my stomach. Plus they have a decent variety of flavors and many are sweetened with Splenda /sucrose. I also just setup myself with a yogurt maker that I can make my own soon.

Back