• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Chest Pressure

Debbie S

Hello everyone.

I have a strange question, but whenever you drank (or ate) anything did it feel like it just sat in your esophagus like it can't go down all the way? I take baby sips and sometimes that is even to much.

Well today, I tried eating some sugar free pudding (very little on spoon) and it felt like it got stuck. I tried drinking water (sip) that went down but the pressure in my chest was there. So I then tried to clear my voice (cough) and to my surprise I got a ton of mucous/saliva. I kept doing that and kept getting a lot of it out.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Concerned because I need to get some sort of nutrients in me.

Thanks,
Debbie

From the beginning with soft foods and even now food gets stuck especially if I eat too fast or too much in a bite. It hurts really bad. Certain foods like bread really caused me problems later in my journey for about a year I couldn't get it down at all and would gag, throw up with tons of mucous, it was horrible. I read somewhere that it has to do with the new opening being very small from the esophagus to the stomach. Eventually it will stretch somewhat.

Cheyenne

Wow this is just crazy! I eat anything with any amount of thickness and I'm doomed. UGH I guess i have to give it time.

Thank you Cheyenne for responding. I was worried something was wrong.

Back