• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Chili with beans

Chili with Beans

1 extra large can Texas Style or Ranch Style beans
2 small cans of any of the following beans (kidney, great northern beans, pinto, etc)
1 to 2 packs of chili seasoning (depending on how hot you want it)
1 large jar Pace pancante sauce
24 oz beer
1 small can diced green chilies
Tabasco Sauce to taste
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 bell pepper chopped (optional)
2 red onions chopped
2 pints sliced mushrooms
1 or 2 tablespoons of crushed garlic (jarred or fresh)
1 lb of any of the following meat (or more than one if you want)
hamburger, ground turkey, bulk ground sausage (hot or mild), bacon (crisp), linguesa sausage (if you can handle it)

Dump beans, chili seasoning, pace sauce, beer, Tabasco sauce, diced tomatoes, and green chilies into a large stock pot and start to heat up on medium. Cook onions, bell pepper, and garlic in a little oil in a skillet, and dump into pot. Cook mushrooms in same skillet and dump into pot. Make sure meat is chopped up good before you cook it the same skillet, 1 at a time, then drain and dump into pot. Heat until boiling, stirring all the time.

Last edited:
I might try this later this week. My heart doctor wants me to avoid red meats, although he said Deer meat is OK once in a while because of how lean it is, and since it's hunting season here in Ohio it is real cheap to buy deer meat. I'll try this recipe with the Deer meat and let you know how it comes out. Thanks

Back