• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Clothes?

jngrinstead

Im going to have gastric by-pass. I was told Ill loose lots of weight in short time but concern on having budget for clothes. Any ideas?

try yard sales cause you don't want to go out and buy new clothes and then loose more weight then you will have to get more clothes, you can go to yard sales or thrift stores and then you can donate your old clothes to them. that is what i am going to do plus i am going to make some of mine, too

I have sizes boxed up in my basement for the first 6 sizes... but when I need something to fill in the wardrobe or when I get smaller than that I plan on going to thrift stores until I'm to goal size.

Yeah, you will be shocked on how fast things get too loose. I had to buy a belt about 3 months ago and I could barely fasten the first hole. Now I'm loose on hole #4!

I'd say Goodwill, shop sale racks and consignment shops too. I wouldn't buy to much at a time u may go down more than one size at a time.

Back