• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Coffee?

Intelligentslug, I'm so sorry the coffee isn't working out yet. Maybe take a break for a bit, and reintroduce it? I know some weeks my stomach is fine with even 3 large cups of coffee, other weeks it isn't. So far this week, if I have more than one large cup (16 ounces), my stomach aches...so I need to watch my intake.

Trader Joe's sells a dry protein shake mix, but only vanilla and chocolate. I bought a bunch of McKesson liquid flavors like vanilla, rum, orange, lemon, pina colada, etc. and when I feel like having a protein shake, I flavor it with one of those and use Magic Milk to bump up the protein (also, MM tastes really good when used as part of a mixture). I can vouch for TJ's because of personal experience, but also because I'm a label reader. It's vastly superior in RDAs and natural flavorings to anything out there, AND it's cheaper. You can add butterscotch flavor to either and it'll take you back to your childhood treats.

I have not had coffee since my pre op diet. I miss it. Can anyone share their experience with coffee and how/if you sweeten it? U am wondering if it is even worth incorporating it back in. I am 2 1/2 weeks out and would not be able to drink much if it anyway right now.
I don't like the flavor of coffee but I have discovered that a warm beverage such as tea help as relax my new pouch. At first I got heartburn because of it but my doctor said adding a small amount of sugar will cut the acid.

Hi All,

I have been having a protein coffee every morning now since last summer but boy has my experiences changed. I am not too big of a sweet eater/drinker so the caramel type coffees turn me off unless it's specifically for a dessert type thing. This is my coffee:
I mix 1/4 - 1/2 cup lowfat milk (whatever percent you like), with 1 scoop of Isopure Creamy Vanilla Whey Isolate Protein Powder with Vitamin C & Zinc for Immune Support, 25g Protein, Zero Carb & Keto Friendly, 3 Pounds (Packaging May Vary) I get it on Amazon in the jug. Mix it with a frother. Add 12 -16 oz of coffee and 3 splendas
This is the most enjoyable cup of coffee I have had. No sweet vanilla flavor just like milk but with 25 gms of protein to kick me off. I may have another later on but not always

I was a coffee regular every day Starbucks for me , but then I was only drinking one small per day more than that and I would start shouting. Lol. In the hospital they gave me decaf Tasters Choice with stevia and skim milk it was delish it makes a foam on top, it’s great. I don’t miss regular coffee. I don’t miss or need the caffeine. I thought I would get a headache from no caffeine but not even . I enjoy the aroma and taste of my coffee every morning. Try different decaf coffees with different creamer options sugar free and stevia way better than Splenda even a milk froth or sugar free whipped cream

I didn't drink coffee for 6 months. My nutritionist was really anti coffee. Now I normally have a latte in the morning, with milk and skinny syrup. My one processed garbage love LOL
I also have an iced cold brew, also made at home in the afternoon. I love coffee.

Also, I believe the issue at Fair Oaks Farms was a group of employees who were fired and charged with animal abuse. I don't think throwing newborn calves to see how far you can throw them is standard operating procedure? But to be honest, idk. I avoid stories like that, since most animals used for food products are treated horribly. I only kept up somewhat with that one because the farm in question is nearby so the story was everywhere.

Back