• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Coffee

I was told not to drink coffee after post op. I can’t stand the taste of decaf. How long after your surgery did you start drinking coffee again? I’m having a major coffee withdrawal!
my notes say caffeine is a stomach irritant and should be limited once you are able to take in adequate fluids without difficulty you may add some caffeine back into your diet. I found a good decaf coffee called Pete's, give that a try.

Just wondering what brand of decaf coffee you are drinking? I just started drinking half calf and I am looking to switch to fully decaf soon. My surgery isn’t until Jan but I’m trying to make any positive changes to my diet early that will help me in the long run.
I’ve tried decaf chocolate raspberry and hazelnut. Both taste so different from regular.

At my appt. on Monday, I asked the dietitian about when I would be able to have coffee. She asked me how many cups I drink a day. I told her usually 1-2 cups in the am and 1 cup after dinner. All regular. She said that since I was a month out of surgery, I could have 1 regular cup in the morning and 1 cup of decaf at night. I was both surprised and happy with her answer.

Thank you Judy. I am happy to report that the entire state of Washington has now turned green, meaning all the air is considered perfectly clear and safe to breathe. The exception is the newest fire, up in the Okanogan, which is not as huge as the other fires were. My little sister in the central area of the state sent me a photograph of her view from work. It was nothing but blue skies and low-hanging rain clouds. Here it's been raining for three days and I could never be more grateful. The air is completely clear I can see everything. But thank you for your love and caring.

Ryan and Diane please stay safe! I am on the east coast and have been praying for all of you out there. So heartbreaking!!!
Aww thank you. We finally got some pretty heavy rain here (caused some flash floods in some areas, unfortunately) but it did clear of the air and help with the fires a great deal. For the last couple days I've actually be able to see the sun and blue sky for the first time since the fires started in our county. The air quality is "green" too, so I've been able to start up my walks again, which is awesome.

Unless something freakish happens with the weather, we should be pretty good now. There is more rain predicted in a few days.

I was told not to drink coffee after post op. I can’t stand the taste of decaf. How long after your surgery did you start drinking coffee again? I’m having a major coffee withdrawal!
I am an avid coffee drinker but have not had any for 4 weeks now, and I’m feeling okay.
I will say that the Premier Protein Cafe Latte pro drink has really been a great substitution

I am an avid coffee drinker but have not had any for 4 weeks now, and I’m feeling okay.
I will say that the Premier Protein Cafe Latte pro drink has really been a great substitution

Me too! I haven't had any hot coffee since surgery on June 25th! I too have been drinking Premier Protein Cafe Latte and/or Caramel Latte. Now that the weather is getting chilly I might want to have one cup of hot coffee but I haven't really wanted it during the summer.

Back