• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Leeanna

:(Hi. I'm new to the group. I'm 8 days out from surgery and I'm struggling. I lost several pounds in the first 5 days, but nothing since. I'm so sick of liquids and artificially sweetened things. I miss food! I miss the whole experience. I knew I'd have trouble because I have an addiction to food. I'm on full liquids for another week, but have tried eating soft and pureed foods. I constantly think about eating crunchy foods. I'm always trying to think of something that I can eat. I don't know how to train my brain to stop this. I know I can't be successful unless I change the way I think about food.

Don't worry it will come off, right now your body is in healing mode, once that happens and you are able to exercise and eat more, it will start coming off, don't get frustrated, been there done that

Thanks. That makes me feel a little better. I'm hoping I have the discipline this is going to take.

It was soooo hard for me as well. But, I got through it. Now that I'm eating more calories and working out, I barely pull out the scale. My loose "skinny" clothes tell me all I need to know. I weigh once or twice a week now as opposed to daily. Don't worry. I plateaued many times on the liquid diet. Be strong. It'll get better.

Are you able to have sugar free popcicles? Maybe chewing on them will help with your body's urge to chew. I too am addicted to food. I had my surgery on 12/6/16. Notice I say I am addicted to food. Like alcohol, I don't think it goes away. We just have to fight it and beat it. You can do it. I know you can. This group will help you.

Back