• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

congratulations

To AnnieLuv, honey'sgirl, Misdarmitage, Nicelady, and Tauheedah for attaining the rank of Bariatric Guru. For newcomers, this means that these people have given hundreds of messages of support and wisdom to you and many people before you. There are probably 10 or more here and you can tell who they are because they are the ones who respond almost every time someone else posts.

They are full of wisdom and experience because they have gone through this already and they have done a lot of research because, once upon a time, they didn't
understand what was happening to them.

In fact, most knew less than you know now, because they didn't have all the prep time and the pre-surgical workups and practice that people are required to have now.

Please remember always to click on the little thumbs up icon when you read a post that has been helpful to you. Your reactions to people's posts is what gets them the title bariatric Guru. This is a reward for them that results in discounts in the bariatric store, but more importantly, it's a way to point newcomers to the people who can probably answer their questions most easily.

I encourage all of you who are relative newcomers to strive for this honor. In so doing, you not only help others, but you help yourself and that is really really important. What we go through in preparing for the surgery and dealing with the comorbidities and learning all over again like little babies what food to eat and what food not to eat it's like getting a PhD in life.

In this support group we offer not only information that is helpful but a little bit of fun and celebration because we have done what millions of others could never do. We actually stood up and said, I am not going to accept a life of obesity and sadness and sickness and disease.

I'm looking forward to meeting even more of you who become bariatric gurus and keep this group alive and available for everyone who needs it, at no charge. Just don't forget to put that little thumbs up on someone's helpful post. You'll notice that the bariatric gurus always put one on yours.

Back