• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

constipated

renie

1 month out and still constipated is this normal , i use senacot and still having trouble .

Hi Renie,

My center recommends a chewable fiber laxative. Each center is different. Some people on here use Milk of Magnesia and some have mentioned Miralax. I just picked up a generic fiber laxative that is berry flavored and quite pleasant and works well. Personally, I think senakot is a bit harsh and would suggest you check with your center and find out what they recommend. Remember that constipation is also affected by your intake of fluids and activity level as well as how dry the weather is. I have found that the post op diet is constipating anyway.

thank you for your help, the crazy thing is senakot dosent seem to be working , my senter said i can use miralax down the line but not now . they said its to soon , i just had my surgrey 1 month ago i exercise and im getting my fluids . the only thing i can figure is my body is use to lots of fiber and now im not getting it .

I had the same problem last week but my doctor said that it was normal due to the diet-says that Protein drinks have a tendency to make you Constipated. Drink plenty of fluids and make sure you are walk, walk, walking. The doctor also recommended Miralax. Also we don't eat that much to start with so it may take a little longer. I am better now-but, I know that I am not as regular as I was before the surgery right now.

Carol

ladies the hospital I had my surgery at gave me stool softners after my surgery, yes it's true with the diet plan a lot of people have these issues, it does get better . ask your doctor if he or she say's stool softners are ok or if you are allowed to take a laxative pill, there are a lot out there that are very small and so are the stool softners so there is not a problem with getting them to go through out pouch.

Back