• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Count down - 16 days.

lsales4363

Since my surgery is now just 16 days away, my work has had to start arranging coverage for me. An email went out that simply said I would be out on medical leave. Of course that has resulted in a few phone calls. I have gone with my instincts about what info to share. I can say that for the few that I have shared details with, they have been very supportive. Most of the inquiries have been made out of concern and that is very touching. I live just 3 miles from my office and one of the guys I spoke with today said I should call if I need anything while I am home recovering. (He called me into his office and basically wasn't going to let me go without telling him :) - we've worked together for almost 10 years and out of 130 employees, he is closest in age to me).

And while I am missing some of my favorites at Thanksgiving (I make a great cornbread dressing), it was good timing to buy Turkey at a great price. I can still roast a turkey (unstuffed) and have that as my protein.

My pre-op protein only diet begins Monday. I think I'll keep busy enough to get through it. And hopefully busy enough to keep my mind from wondering.

Yay!!! I know the feeling with telling people I haven't come right out and announced HEY IM HAVING VGS!!! but I haven't been quiet about it either. Everyone at work is either supportive or keeping quiet and not making any negative comments...at least to my face.

Alright Isales4363, Congratulations..
The Phase I food plan is not to bad. What helped me was to stay on schedule with the times I ate.
I found that if I was late eating I would feel the need to overeat.
I reached a point towards the end of the week that I had to cut down even further on my already half sized portions.
If you need to go out to eat during Phase I, Cracker Barrel makes a mean grilled chicken tender dinner, add steamed broccoli, some apple slices and your good to go.

I to am missing the feast due to the pre-op liquid diet. It's okay tho I'm looking at the big picture here.....thankful my family gets to all get together at my house to celebrate our "thankfulness" and I on the other hand am preparing myself for the best that could that happen to me !!!
Best wishes with surgery !!!
Anxiously waiting for December 9th and the time !

Back