• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Countdown

wsmith0914

Day 11 of preop diet completed; lost 13 pounds; preop appointment at hospital tomorrow and surgery Monday! Excited and nervous!!!

By the way...made it through Thanksgiving and a two day conference where I skipped the steak, asparagus, potato and cheesecake luncheon. I went to my room and took a nap while my coworkers ate. That night, I met my brother and his family for dinner and ate my Japanese Mushroom clear soup while watching and smelling the chef cook hibachi lobster, scallops, shrimp, steak, chicken, rice and veggies. Then today sat at the lunch table with my coworkers and watched them eat chicken, potatoes, veggies, bread, salad, and tiramisu while I ate turkey broth and jello for dessert. Finally back home.

Hello there fellow 12/9 surgery buddy! Hard to believe isn't it. We've come so far. I am so thankful that work is keeping me very busy this week. I've already had 6 hours of OT and it is only Wednesday. My final pre-op was last Wednesday. The head nurse gave me a tour of the facility. Saturday is our company Christmas party and that will keep me busy (I am on the social committee). Sunday is the day that makes me nervous. Sunday may just be the longest day ever (like Christmas Eve as a little kid)

I know what you mean! I was thinking about going to a Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair Saturday but really feel like I need to stay home and make sure everything is in order. Good luck on your surgery.

By the way...made it through Thanksgiving and a two day conference where I skipped the steak, asparagus, potato and cheesecake luncheon. I went to my room and took a nap while my coworkers ate. That night, I met my brother and his family for dinner and ate my Japanese Mushroom clear soup while watching and smelling the chef cook hibachi lobster, scallops, shrimp, steak, chicken, rice and veggies. Then today sat at the lunch table with my coworkers and watched them eat chicken, potatoes, veggies, bread, salad, and tiramisu while I ate turkey broth and jello for dessert. Finally back home.
After your surgery, none of that food will look good to you. Promise!

After your surgery, none of that food will look good to you. Promise!

Your at 3 days and a wake up... That is so awesome. :)

Oh how right Karenina is about food not looking good!!!

I actually looked forward to my hot tea and broths more than I did anything else....

Back