• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

crabby

This isn't affecting my eating disorder or general self-esteem, but I'm wondering if anyone shares this problem.

In Seattle, we're having our annual Seafair festival. Personally, I hate these kinds of celebrations. Hundreds of thousands of people suddenly show up, make tons of noise and traffic congestion, and take up the space where actual Seattle residents need to stand and sit and drive.

But the worst thing is The Blue Angels. What is the point of this? These fighter jets are beyond noisy. You can't even hear your tv or conversations with friends. I think there's even a point where they go so fast and loud, they break the sound barrier. So I'm crabby, my ears are ringing and I can't close my windows because it's in the 90s here.

It happens once a year and I really just wish I could blast off the planet while they're here. I don't know what the attraction of ear-splitting, booming noise is, not to mention the flagrant waste of precious fossil fuel. If you want to watch them, It's hard to find a spot, and getting to the spot, parking or bussing, is a huge hassle.

I guess I'm just venting, but man, it's so hot here and those jets actually come really close to my airspace around my apartment building, making my windows rattle.. I'm not a joiner and don't flock to huge public events. I am agoraphobic and have actually had to leave events, even when accompanied by friends, because the disruption feels so chaotic and dangerous.

Anyone else feel bugged about stuff like this? What do you advise?

I can honor and respect your unsettling inconvenience of crowds And large gatherings. This weekend aug 11…..is the knight of Columbus barbque , carnival, etc… Since most of the community is inter- related by the core community founding families it is basically a family reunion, with the ones who got away returning to visit. I pass. You are not alone

I live on Whidbey Island right next to Whidbey Naval Air Station. I've been here for 60 years and can sleep right through the jet noise. I know a lot of people have trouble with extra loud noises and Seafair is a huge deal for the community. I've read where people just use ear plugs for the duration of the jet flying (I can't remember how long it is. 15, 20 min?) and then enjoy the rest of the day, staying home out of the crowds.

This isn't affecting my eating disorder or general self-esteem, but I'm wondering if anyone shares this problem.

In Seattle, we're having our annual Seafair festival. Personally, I hate these kinds of celebrations. Hundreds of thousands of people suddenly show up, make tons of noise and traffic congestion, and take up the space where actual Seattle residents need to stand and sit and drive.

But the worst thing is The Blue Angels. What is the point of this? These fighter jets are beyond noisy. You can't even hear your tv or conversations with friends. I think there's even a point where they go so fast and loud, they break the sound barrier. So I'm crabby, my ears are ringing and I can't close my windows because it's in the 90s here.

It happens once a year and I really just wish I could blast off the planet while they're here. I don't know what the attraction of ear-splitting, booming noise is, not to mention the flagrant waste of precious fossil fuel. If you want to watch them, It's hard to find a spot, and getting to the spot, parking or bussing, is a huge hassle.

I guess I'm just venting, but man, it's so hot here and those jets actually come really close to my airspace around my apartment building, making my windows rattle.. I'm not a joiner and don't flock to huge public events. I am agoraphobic and have actually had to leave events, even when accompanied by friends, because the disruption feels so chaotic and dangerous.

Anyone else feel bugged about stuff like this? What do you advise?
Hi, my dad was agoraphobic amon other anxieties. He also did not like crowds, loud noises, or chaos, so I feel you.
I will say I'm not :) but I don't like, chaos crowds or loud noises. I love peace quiet and def would be crabby right along with you in Stat situation. How long is this for 1 week?

How long is this for 1 week?

I think Seafair is only a weekend! I'm just so intolerant of being crushed and squished in crowds, and I panic so easily, I just stay home a lot. After a while I start to notice it's quiet outside. Being agoraphobic pretty much means I plan all my outings well in advance, so I don't get caught up in a panic trap.

I think Seafair is only a weekend! I'm just so intolerant of being crushed and squished in crowds, and I panic so easily, I just stay home a lot. After a while I start to notice it's quiet outside. Being agoraphobic pretty much means I plan all my outings well in advance, so I don't get caught up in a panic trap.
I totally get it! Sometimes just a weekend can feel like an eternity with what you describe. Hoping it passes quickly and your life gets back to normal.

Back