• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

date is set

Oh my goodness. I didn't expect anything like this. I am feeling better. Just trying to get the gas out. Everytime I lay down it hurts no matter what position I am in. I had a friend tell me that the pain and all is temporary but the results are so worth it. Just keep me in your prayers. I had a dream that I took my body up on a hill and left it. Lol. Don't know if I was dead or alive. Haha. Don't know what that dream was about but I sure hope it was meant to be I was going to have a new body. Thanks for checking in on me. I appreciate it.

Sorry I haven't updated any. Life is getting better. I can now start in the puree diet. It has been liquids up till now. I made a ricotta bake this an. It sure tastes so good. Just glad to be eating something else. Things are looking up. Just having small pains in my left chest shoulder area. Thinking it may be gas once in a while. It doesn't happen all the time. Ho back for my 2wk follow up Friday.

Youre a survivor. The liquid stage before and after surgery can be the most challenging for some. But for me i think it was moving into solids. Chew chew chew don't drink for 30 minutes after all that chewin. I still havent got the hang of it. Im 11 months out.

If its gas youre experiencing remember to try to walk it off. No laying around if you can help it. I do hope thats all it is. Could you keep us posted?

Sorry I haven't updated any. Life is getting better. I can now start in the puree diet. It has been liquids up till now. I made a ricotta bake this an. It sure tastes so good. Just glad to be eating something else. Things are looking up. Just having small pains in my left chest shoulder area. Thinking it may be gas once in a while. It doesn't happen all the time. Ho back for my 2wk follow up Friday.

Congratulations, Lois! You made it this far and you are still moving right along!

Each time I hear about someone who just had their weight loss surgery and who successfully survived the 2 pre-op weeks and 2 post-op weeks of liquid diet, I get really excited (and also nervous) because hopefully, my turn will be soon!

Congratulations, Lois! You made it this far and you are still moving right along!

Each time I hear about someone who just had their weight loss surgery and who successfully survived the 2 pre-op weeks and 2 post-op weeks of liquid diet, I get really excited (and also nervous) because hopefully, my turn will be soon!
I wish you all the best. It was hard, but I made it through. Now to just loose the weight. Good luck.

So glad to hear that the surgery went well and that you made it through Lois! How have you been doing with the post-op diet?
Going ok. Finding out some of the foods I can tolerate and which I can not. It is a struggle at times but I try to push through. Thanks for asking.

Back