• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Day 2

It's so weird I can drink clear liquid and jello without any problems. I asked my dr If he even did the procedure!!! Hahahaha I crack myself up. Been walking every hour and feel hungry a little. I am talking half sips of the measuring cup things and small bites of jello. But once am able to go home I know how proud I will be of myself. I have to thank each and everyone of you for being there for me. So nice to have a great group of people with this knowledge.
I also dont have gas pain.
Was I for once lucky???? Or will it be coming! Lol

Just had two vitals checked and down to 98.2!!!! Wahoooooo!!!! Doc said something I can't leave until I'm 24 hour without a fever . My lunges basically arent working correctly where the anesthesia was so my body thought something was wrong and tried to attack it which caused the fever . I need to work on my respiratory gadgets they have here. To get the part of my lungs not receiving much oxygen.
Maybe bc in a newbie at surgeries lol

maybe your doctor didn't have to use so much gas because it wasn't as hard to get to your organs. You should have been feeling gas pains in your arms and shoulders immediately after the surgery and they should be painful. If you're not, thank your lucky stars and I think you're safe to assume you're not going to. I only know one other person here who has had RYGB laparoscopically. I had an open procedure and no one put any gas in me. After two or three days in the hospital I just went home and it was all about my incisions after that.

You're doing really well but don't be surprised. That is a fairly typical outcome and most people who have had your kind of surgery can relate. You probably won't even have very many problems when you go home but the most important thing you will have to do there is drink your water. And my tip for getting through this is take a fiber laxative everyday. Don't take a pill. Use natural psyllium laxative in whatever form you can find it. There are many many choices in many price ranges on Amazon, for instance from natural to flavored. Psyllium is a great substance to consume by incorporating it into baking or meatloaf or a lot of other kinds of cooking. It gives it more substance and you get the benefit. However you do not ever want to put psyllium into some liquid thing you make, even pudding or Jell-O. If you put it in hot cereal, it will get much thicker then normal, so you I'll have to get the hang of that. But use it. You will live to regret it as some of us have testified about our extremely difficult and painful constipation after surgery. I hope your doctor has already mentioned this. If not, do ask. There shouldn't be any problem as long as you're not taking a pill. Those chemical laxatives are not good for you and they are not intended for long-term use. You can take a fiber supplement everyday for the rest of your life and your bowels will thank you. Anyway it's really good to hear your voice brightening up and I will look forward to your next missive!

Just had two vitals checked and down to 98.2!!!! Wahoooooo!!!! Doc said something I can't leave until I'm 24 hour without a fever . My lunges basically arent working correctly where the anesthesia was so my body thought something was wrong and tried to attack it which caused the fever . I need to work on my respiratory gadgets they have here. To get the part of my lungs not receiving much oxygen.
Maybe bc in a newbie at surgeries lol

So happy that your temperature came down and you're feeling better. Sounds logical about your lungs, etc. The main thing is you are feeling better today. Now, take some time to do your respiratory exercises. Did you get the little lung gadget when you had your pre admission tests. I got mine in March when I originally had mine done and was told to bring it with me the day of the surgery.

maybe your doctor didn't have to use so much gas because it wasn't as hard to get to your organs. You should have been feeling gas pains in your arms and shoulders immediately after the surgery and they should be painful. If you're not, thank your lucky stars and I think you're safe to assume you're not going to. I only know one other person here who has had RYGB laparoscopically. I had an open procedure and no one put any gas in me. After two or three days in the hospital I just went home and it was all about my incisions after that.

You're doing really well but don't be surprised. That is a fairly typical outcome and most people who have had your kind of surgery can relate. You probably won't even have very many problems when you go home but the most important thing you will have to do there is drink your water. And my tip for getting through this is take a fiber laxative everyday. Don't take a pill. Use natural psyllium laxative in whatever form you can find it. There are many many choices in many price ranges on Amazon, for instance from natural to flavored. Psyllium is a great substance to consume by incorporating it into baking or meatloaf or a lot of other kinds of cooking. It gives it more substance and you get the benefit. However you do not ever want to put psyllium into some liquid thing you make, even pudding or Jell-O. If you put it in hot cereal, it will get much thicker then normal, so you I'll have to get the hang of that. But use it. You will live to regret it as some of us have testified about our extremely difficult and painful constipation after surgery. I hope your doctor has already mentioned this. If not, do ask. There shouldn't be any problem as long as you're not taking a pill. Those chemical laxatives are not good for you and they are not intended for long-term use. You can take a fiber supplement everyday for the rest of your life and your bowels will thank you. Anyway it's really good to hear your voice brightening up and I will look forward to your next missive!
Well I got the thumbs up to go home!!!! Wahoooo!!!. I still have no pains from gas at all so I am thanking my lucky stars! What a journey this has been and I cant wait to hear others stories and journeys!!!
I'm gonna take it easy for the first couple days and then I can start protein shakes. I have been extremely tired tho. I cannot wait to get a good night sleep.

Hip, hip, hooray!!! You came through with flying colors. How are you doing now that you're at home? I've really enjoyed reading about your journey. Thank you for sharing. Keep up the good work.

I'm on day 7 and it's been interesting. I feel pretty good today. Have the most energy. 2 night ago was not very good as I was non stop getting sick but I think i over did my consumption. I cant stand anything sweet so bone broth and tea and water have been what in doing to keep hydrated. So far so good tho!.

Back