• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Day 3 pre-op diet struggle

kyky30

I have my surgery next month and just started my 30 day pre-op diet. (it seems like most people only have a 2 week diet) I am struggling. All I want to do at work is fall asleep (I work in a doctors office so that would be very bad lol) Having a lot of emotions and just wondering if all of this is normal. Also wondering if anyone has any advice on how to stay strong on my diet when I live with my boyfriend and our two sons... all of which love to eat lol! I dont want them to not be able to have things or to feel guilty because I cant... I did go watch tv in the other room last night when they were having dinner. For my diet im allowed unlimited bone broth, sugar free drinks (non carbonated), and sugar free jello or popsicles. Im also allowed a limited amount of protein shakes (2 per day), light yogurt, low fat cottage cheese, and no added sugar fudgesicles.

WOW! That is a LONG strict pre-op diet.
Are you allowed unlimited of anything? Example, some people are allowed unlimited pickles, etc.
I was not, but my diet allowed a list of foods and 4 shakes a day and was for 10 days so much easier than yours.

I guess the best thing you can do is try to keep busy when other people in your family are eating.
I got used to it after a few days and it got easier, so hopefully it will for you also.

Good luck, you can do it!

My husband had to do 3 weeks pre-op diet, which only including 3 shakes, and 1 SF popsicle or Jello per day. I had the same diet, but only had 2 weeks. It was rough both ways.

Space your meals out, so you are less hungry. Find something .. anything!! to do with your hands!! The holidays are coming up and homemade gifts are nice. Crochet, needlepoint, knitting; whatever keeps you busy enough to stop thinking about food lol

Back